Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after two months of searching, I've picked up my GTV today. I've bought a 2001 GTV 2.0 Lusso in silver with red leather. :cool:
After looking at just about every GTV for sale in the south of UK, I ended up finding the one I wanted nearly 150 miles from home!
I've done 200 miles today without breaking down or getting the airbag light on, so I'm doing well! - there's a couple of minor niggles that I need to sort (heater rear screen not working, boot release button not working, wind noise from the driver's side window etc.).
There's also some 'interesting' noises that need a bit more investigation - I guess that the suspension bushes need changing as they look like the originals to me.
Anyway, I just thought I'd say hi - I've no doubt that I'll be asking for advice in the very near future!

:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
welcome TCM. congrats on your new purchase.

bushes - consensus seems to be powerflex.

wind noise - do a forum search for the pictorial window adjustment guide.

:)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Rear Heater screen is common, plenty on here about that. Usually need to bypass a rubbish connector behind the glove box.

You may need a new fuse box as they warp which then causes the fuses to melt and fall out.

Good luck with your new Bella!

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Congratulation's and welcome to AO, plenty of advice if you need it on here.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome,
I waited about 9 months before how Powerflex, should have done it earlier although now it feels like I have a new even faster car (around the corners).

·
Registered
84 Posts
hi curry monster i have same car same colour.religeous maintanence is a must .i came to alfa after bmw.the alfa is much more involving in the driving department and sometimes the wallet department.bmw is now a memory.happy motoring

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcomes. I popped into Rusper Alfa this morning for a chat - I think the car is going to be in good hands there. I'm going to driver her for a couple of weeks then get her in for a good look-over.

Loving every minute fo driving at the moment. I nipped out to Sainsburys earlier, parked in a remote corner of the carpark so that nobody would open their door into me, then took a 20 mile detour to get home. :D

D

·
0 Posts
welcome curry monster, ur probs are wot plague every 2.0 gtv, easily fixed. if you havent fallen in love yet,, you will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts