Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
37,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Britain is broken, we are shutting up shop and calling it a day.

All us (road)tax payers get a free ticket to any country in the world.

Where you gonna go, and why?

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Probably Oz, although the speed limits would annoy me, but otherwise its a great place (at least around Perth and the East coast from Cairns to Melbourne which are the areas I've seen)

Alternatively Canada - probably British Columbia...superb scenery and Vancouver's a pretty good place for a city.

Nearer to home and more realistically I may well spend more time in Tenerife.....

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Somewhere where the people are nice, the walking is good, the insects don't bite and the pillows are firm and supportive.

Or Canada.

I figure if a lot of Americans joke about Canada being wussy and gay and stupid, then it must be OK.

·
Registered
872 Posts
New Zealand, less crime, good schools and lots of outdoor activities.
Cost of living roughly the same and you get a lot more for your money when looking for a new home...:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I'd love to say South Of France, but I'm too old to learn to speak French and would hate to be the idiot Englishman who had to have everything translated. I'd also need to win the lottery to live there.

So from an English speaking point of view I'd have to say either USA or Canada. Australia seems too far away from everything and has far too many creepy crawlies, and New Zealand looks boring. I chap I know, who leads a very simple life and has been a farmer all his days, emigrated to NZ a few years ago - and came back 2 years later saying even he found it too dull.

Failing all of that. Abu Dhabi!

·
Registered
26,115 Posts
I'd probably (assuming this also translates to NL) move to one of the Baltic countries.
Latvia or Lithuania most likely. Nice people, great emptyness, reasonable climate.

I hope I can take my car along.
And my wife.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts