1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received an emnal yesterday from Piccadilly Knaresborough as below:

Dear Valued Customer

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

You may already be aware we are moving the KIA Brand to our premises in Knaresborough and at the same time taking Fiat and Abarth to Ripon; the date of the move is 2nd December 2019.

Those of you who visit the KIA business in Ripon will know just how short we are for space. And next year we have more new models arriving along with two fully electric cars and a very busy, expanding aftersales operation. In order to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction we need bigger premises and our site at Knaresborough will provide for this.

Fortunately, the move also works for Fiat & Abarth Brands currently at Knaresborough. After losing Alfa Romeo the site is too big for Fiat and Abarth alone. On the other hand the Ripon site will provide ample space for Fiat and Abarth, ensuring a great Customer Experience.

Both locations are less than 10 miles apart, which is approximately 12 minutes' drive time and cover exactly the same market area.

Naturally, we will do everything in our power to minimise any customer inconvenience this move may cause. Both locati ons will be able to carry out routine service work on all Brands. We are also retaining KIA Aftersales status at Ripon, which will allow us to carry out KIA warranty repairs at both locations. This decision has been made based on the feedback we have received, allowing those customers who live close to Ripon the option of continuing to use the Dealership.

Our commited team are excited about the move and you will still see plenty of familiar faces when visiting the Dealerships.

If you have any questions whatsoever please email us on .

Going forward the team at Piccadilly look forward to caring for your motoring needs.

Kind regards

Simon Watts
Managing Director

Piccadilly Motors Limited

They'll still be able to service Alfas though, right? (I don't just mean the general, yes they'll service any car, I mean will their mcehanics still know Alfas \ be required to and my warranty will be maintained) - I'll be mailing them to ask to.

Otherwise, the only option I think I have left for the next service, is Mangoletsi in Knutsford - what are people's experience of them?

Where are others based in the North West\Yoirshire\Merseyside using to maintain their warranty status?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Received an emnal yesterday from Piccadilly Knaresborough as below:

Dear Valued Customer

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

You may already be aware we are moving the KIA Brand to our premises in Knaresborough and at the same time taking Fiat and Abarth to Ripon; the date of the move is 2nd December 2019.

Those of you who visit the KIA business in Ripon will know just how short we are for space. And next year we have more new models arriving along with two fully electric cars and a very busy, expanding aftersales operation. In order to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction we need bigger premises and our site at Knaresborough will provide for this.

Fortunately, the move also works for Fiat & Abarth Brands currently at Knaresborough. After losing Alfa Romeo the site is too big for Fiat and Abarth alone. On the other hand the Ripon site will provide ample space for Fiat and Abarth, ensuring a great Customer Experience.

Both locations are less than 10 miles apart, which is approximately 12 minutes' drive time and cover exactly the same market area.

Naturally, we will do everything in our power to minimise any customer inconvenience this move may cause. Both locati ons will be able to carry out routine service work on all Brands. We are also retaining KIA Aftersales status at Ripon, which will allow us to carry out KIA warranty repairs at both locations. This decision has been made based on the feedback we have received, allowing those customers who live close to Ripon the option of continuing to use the Dealership.

Our commited team are excited about the move and you will still see plenty of familiar faces when visiting the Dealerships.

If you have any questions whatsoever please email us on .

Going forward the team at Piccadilly look forward to caring for your motoring needs.

Kind regards

Simon Watts
Managing Director

Piccadilly Motors Limited

They'll still be able to service Alfas though, right? (I don't just mean the general, yes they'll service any car, I mean will their mcehanics still know Alfas \ be required to and my warranty will be maintained) - I'll be mailing them to ask to.

Otherwise, the only option I think I have left for the next service, is Mangoletsi in Knutsford - what are people's experience of them?

Where are others based in the North West\Yoirshire\Merseyside using to maintain their warranty status?[/quote]Its Piccadilly Ripon as per the letter. They'll do servicing, aftersales and warranty work. I had mine in at Knaresborough last week and the master tech Mark told me Knaresborough would still do servicing and it wouldn't invalidate any warranty etc. They should tell you the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its Piccadilly Ripon as per the letter. They'll do servicing, aftersales and warranty work. I had mine in at Knaresborough last week and the master tech Mark told me Knaresborough would still do servicing and it wouldn't invalidate any warranty etc. They should tell you the same thing.

Thanks Matt, good to know.

So it's not even a case of needing to go to Ripon, Knaresborough is still viable?

What did you have done, for a service only I hope!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thanks Matt, good to know.

So it's not even a case of needing to go to Ripon, Knaresborough is still viable?

What did you have done, for a service only I hope!
Service was in July. They looked at some rattles and squeaks last week. They always provide good service though. As long as it's not warranty work Knaresborough can still do it.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
It's not completely clear whether Alfa warranty work will remain - just because somewhere has a Fiat & Abarth franchise doesn't automatically give it Alfa aftersales, much to my disappointment as there are more decent Fiat dealers then Alfa ones.

If Piccadilly can't maintain the warranty on Alfa's in future then there's still SG Petch in York, who are main dealer for all FCA brands including Alfa. Until Alfa back them into a corner with investment demands and they give up the franchise as well, of course 🙄

·
Premium Member
45,100 Posts
Any VAT registered garage can perform servicing work (using genuine Alfa filters etc) and maintain your warranty status. Look up the Block Exemption regulations.

"Goodwill" for the period immediately outside of your warranty period is another matter though, that usually requires main dealer servicing, and for you to build a good working relationship with your dealer.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Just received a further email from Piccadilly as follows

We appreciate the positive response to the email we sent out 7th November regarding the pending move of Franchises between Ripon & Knaresborough.

All questions received are of great importance, therefore a decision has been made to share the responses, please see below for details:
• In addition to Fiat and Abarth Sales and Aftersales at Ripon, we will also be retaining Alfa Romeo Aftersales status, which will move to Ripon. This means all servicing and warr anty repairs can be carried out at this location by factory trained technicians using genuine parts.
• Although Knaresborough is to become the KIA Franchise Dealership, the Aftersales department can still carry out routine service work on all Fiat, Abarth and Alfa Romeo product. The vast majority of the Aftersales service team at Knaresborough you will already know, along with many familiar faces at the Ripon Dealership.

This seems to make it clearer.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
That's very good to see for you guys and girls in the Piccadilly 'catchment' area. Whilst I'm too far away to use them for aftersales, they were brilliant when I bought my Giulietta from them in 2017. If they were my local dealer I'd probably still have the Alfa now. Just the sort of dealer that Alfa UK should've encouraged to keep on as a sales dealer too, but anyone who knows Alfa will know how good their judgement is..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Full email received today :

Dear Valued Customer

We appreciate the positive response to the email we sent out 7th November regarding the pending move of Franchises between Ripon & Knaresborough.

All questions received are of great importance, therefore a decision has been made to share the responses, please see below for details:

In addition to Fiat and Abarth Sales and Aftersales at Ripon, we will also be retaining Alfa Romeo Aftersales status, which will move to Ripon. This means all servicing and warr anty repairs can be carried out at this location by factory trained technicians using genuine parts.
Although Knaresborough is to become the KIA Franchise Dealership, the Aftersales department can still carry out routine service work on all Fiat, Abarth and Alfa Romeo product. The vast majority of the Aftersales service team at Knaresborough you will already know, along with many familiar faces at the Ripon Dealership.
Our KIA customers can choose to use either the Knaresborough or Ripon facilities for all their Aftersales service needs, including rountine servicing and warranty repairs.
The addresses of the sites from 2nd December 2019 are as follows:
Piccadilly Motors (KIA Sales and Aftersales, Fiat, Abarth & Alfa Romeo routine servicing)
Boroughbridge Road
Knaresborough
HG5 0LZ
Tel: 01423 863102

Piccadilly Motors (Fiat, Abarth Sales and Aftersales, Alfa Romeo Aftersales, KIA Aftersales)
Dallamires Lane
Ripon
HG4 1TT
Tel: 01765 600660

Additional loan cars will be available to support your journey continuation. And we will offer more while-U-wait bookings.
Throughout the change we intend to do everything in our powers to minimise any inconvenience our customers may experience. The teams at both locations will ensure you continue to enjoy the high levels of service an d friendliness you have become used to. Our business is built on caring for all those customers who choose to do business with us; nothing is taken for granted. Everyone at Piccadilly understands our core values, which are built around treating customers in the same way we ourselves would expect to be treated.

We truly believe this move and the provisions we have introduced will benefit all.

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Kind Regards

Simon Watts
Managing Director

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just received a further email from Piccadilly as follows

• In addition to Fiat and Abarth Sales and Aftersales at Ripon, we will also be retaining Alfa Romeo Aftersales status, which will move to Ripon. This means all servicing and warr anty repairs can be carried out at this location by factory trained technicians using genuine parts.
• Although Knaresborough is to become the KIA Franchise Dealership, the Aftersales department can still carry out routine service work on all Fiat, Abarth and Alfa Romeo product. The vast majority of the Aftersales service team at Knaresborough you will already know, along with many familiar faces at the Ripon Dealership.

This seems to make it clearer.
Sorry just seen this, I’ve just put the mail up too.

Good news though.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Their busy Kia dealership: "....we need bigger premises and our site at Knaresborough will provide for this".

Their Fiat & Abarth dealership: ".....the Knaresborough site is too big for Fiat and Abarth alone".

Their Alfa Romeo dealership: "...after losing the Alfa dealership".

.... does anyone else apart from me find all this very sad :disappointed: What a huge change from the 70's & 80's (and to a lesser extent 90's) when it was totally the other way around .... in fact Kia didn't even exist in the UK then. How times have changed :grumpy:

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Kia provide a 7 year warranty. Many owners (particularly non-enthusiasts) will choose to stay with the main dealer for servicing during the warranty period. This means that with the long warranty there will be more servicing pro-rata to annual sales than for a manufacturer offering only three years. Hence the need for bigger premises for Kia compared with Fiat.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Their busy Kia dealership: "....we need bigger premises and our site at Knaresborough will provide for this".

Their Fiat & Abarth dealership: ".....the Knaresborough site is too big for Fiat and Abarth alone".

Their Alfa Romeo dealership: "...after losing the Alfa dealership".

.... does anyone else apart from me find all this very sad 😞 What a huge change from the 70's & 80's (and to a lesser extent 90's) when it was totally the other way around .... in fact Kia didn't even exist in the UK then. How times have changed :grumpy:
I don't see it as sad or something to be grumpy about - it's the market. Kia have stepped into a gap and impressed - My wife has had 2 Kia MPVs (2017 and 2019 model) and they are great esp from a spec perspective when compared to S-Max etc - not exactly a drivers car but it's an MPV after all.

Alfa are reponsible for their own successes and failures. I don't know how you change the perception but whatever Skoda did, worked for them and Alfa are no old Skoda by any means. The lack of dealerships is a massive bug bear for anyone buying new-newish and wanting to maintain warranty - yes, I know people say your warranty is stil maintained if you go to x and x due to rukle x but unless you know for sure, you won't risk it.

Charging 40k for the Veloce wasn't the best move wither - had *** been priced lower it would have been a hit, given the positive reviews? - although there are some ridculously low lease deals going (which I try to ignore given what i paid for mine on PP but hyy, heart over head lol)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts