Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a couple of threads on the GTA forum, and it seems like its a bit of a touch and go section this here...:cheese:

So let me try:

Can you guys please post pics of your lowered GTA's?

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Not as low as some (especially Joss!) But lowered nonetheless. Of the Koni FSD & Eibach flavor. Honestly I would like it lower purely for aesthetics but I have next to no problem with ground clearance so a good height to have it at I suppose. It did look high on the standard set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I have Koni fsds and eibach, and has always coped well, but I had total of 4 in the car including myself and it was rubbing here and there :(. Never noticed it as usually just me and one other adult and kids. But 4 full sized adults lol it didn't like.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, wow Joss your car will look insane with gloss black 18" GT multispokes! The red GTA looks great too!

Ill be picking up my GTA Wagon this weekend, God willing, and ill immediately fit the Eibach's I bought for it. The Swagon already has 3 Bilstein's and one standard shock...

Ill also order 12mm spacers all round...maybe Ill fit my dad's GT 18" multispokes to the Swagon to see what it will look like, Ill have the 18' painted gloss black or anthracite.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I have far more important GTA matters to deal with than wheels...namely a new engine and a facelift.

·
Vendor
45,462 Posts
And they drive better on 17"s anyway ;)

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have far more important GTA matters to deal with than wheels...namely a new engine and a facelift.
How now? Please explain?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Picture of my Sportwagon with Bilstein B14 (front is -25mm rear is -20mm) with OZ 19" and 330mm Brembo ;)

Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
And they drive better on 17"s anyway
I disagree, the OZ are one kg less that 19" teledials, both includuing tyres, and the handlinh is a dream, better that the teledials. Just a matter of unsprung weight :)

Attachments

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picture of my Sportwagon with Bilstein B14 (front is -25mm rear is -20mm) with OZ 19" and 330mm Brembo ;)

I disagree, the OZ are one kg less that 19" teledials, both includuing tyres, and the handlinh is a dream, better that the teledials. Just a matter of unsprung weight :)
DAMN:eek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Quick question, who here has had spacers? Did they make a noticeable difference to the handling (for positive or negative)?

Sam

·
Registered
777 Posts
Quick question, who here has had spacers? Did they make a noticeable difference to the handling (for positive or negative)?

Sam
Hi Sam, I have 15mm spacers all round (currently temporarily removed). Yes it feels different. Not as sharp as without, but not as bad as some people would have you believe. You soon get used to it.

James

·
Registered
844 Posts

Great looking sw there :thumbs:

I think the ride on 17's was slightly better as the tyres had a slightly larger side wall. Handling wise no difference really, no idea of the weight difference from 17in multis to 18in GT multis. 18s probably heavier. The lightweight oz alloys look great!!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine is not a gta but it can also give you an idea of lowered stance.330 brakes and 15mm spacers coming after crimbo
Nice looking Wagon! What is the suspension set up?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Why thank you.its running ta techniks coilovers with eibach arb's pollybushed upper wishbones and hd droplinks f+r.its low at the moment but I was running it 30mm lower and it looked awesome but hardwork around town with speed humps etc.it will be slammed again though when I get the exhaust tucked up into the tunnel more and a sump guard of some sort fitted when I fit the spacers.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Not The GTA, but lowered all the same

View attachment 426321

This is my 20v JTD with Eibachs, FSD and Eibach ARB and HD drop links. I do have some problems with the pad style speed bumps, so need to take it easy over them, and I never get the rear bottoming out even with the boot loaded. I used to get tyre contact with the rear arch liners - I'm running 225/45 x 17", but the Eibach ARB cured that. I do have an Ali undertray, that has taken some severe hits and has been patched up a few times; the sump has quite a few fins ground off :eek:

I want to drop the GTA, especially at the rear but not as much as this. May consider saloon rear springs - anyone done this on a SW? I like the way the JTD sits level.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts