Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

65 plate Distinctive 1.4 120 tb G with 18 inch 5 hole alloys. Currently sitting way to high for my liking!

Im after pictures of petrol Gs lowered on either eibachs, novitecs or H&R springs, coilovers as well.

Planning on ordering next week but unsure of the drop I am after. Are eibachs and novitecs the same drop?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
35,747 Posts
Hi,

65 plate Distinctive 1.4 120 tb G with 18 inch 5 hole alloys. Currently sitting way to high for my liking!

Im after pictures of petrol Gs lowered on either eibachs, novitecs or H&R springs, coilovers as well.
A
Planning on ordering next week but unsure of the drop I am after. Are eibachs and novitecs the same drop?

Thanks in advance.
What colour is your car?
Darker colours look higher off the ground to my eyes . And you won't have the side skirts? They give a lower read of height .

·
Registered
774 Posts
What colour is your car?
Darker colours look higher off the ground to my eyes . And you won't have the side skirts? They give a lower read of height .
I agree. My grey G has the side skirts, my mates white one doesn't, mine "looks" lower.

Would 40mm make that much difference to looks alone?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Symon I saw your car after a google - height looks great but was thinking the 2.0 diesel would be heavier compared to the 1.4 petrol?

Cue2 the car is cobalto blue. I was thinking about some skirts but not sure which ones - are there any oe ones? Most aftermarket seem to be fibreglass which im worried will be too brittle.

·
Registered
38,271 Posts
Thanks. Symon I saw your car after a google - height looks great but was thinking the 2.0 diesel would be heavier compared to the 1.4 petrol?

Cue2 the car is cobalto blue. I was thinking about some skirts but not sure which ones - are there any oe ones? Most aftermarket seem to be fibreglass which im worried will be too brittle.
It is heavier, but the slightly higher spring rate should even it back up.

The Fibreglass ones should be ok, as many car manufacturers now use them, but personally I would stick to old fashioned metal springs like the originals.

You won't go too far wrong with Eibach, Novitech or H&R, they are all top quality.

·
Registered
38,271 Posts
I have a set of Fibreglass skirts from Alfisti.

The quality is very good. They look like Veloce/Cloverleaf skirts but they are slightly different. They actually cover the ends of the sills where they meet the wheelarch, where as the original ones stop slightly short.

Personally I think that is a good thing as the metal part if uncovered gets chipped by stones from the wheels.

I will get around to fitting them once I get a free weekend when the weather is good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a set of Fibreglass skirts from Alfisti.

The quality is very good. They look like Veloce/Cloverleaf skirts but they are slightly different. They actually cover the ends of the sills where they meet the wheelarch, where as the original ones stop slightly short.

Personally I think that is a good thing as the metal part if uncovered gets chipped by stones from the wheels.

I will get around to fitting them once I get a free weekend when the weather is good.
Any pics? How do they fit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts