Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
‘Passenger on board’ ?

This was after a wash and polish, having not done either since June last year. I love that first wash n polish of the year. It’s almost therapeutic, scrubbing off the winter moss, the brake dust, the cack on the window seals, the crud on the external air vents and around the fuel filler cap and atop the front and rear lights. It’s like giving the winter a kick up the butt and welcoming in the spring ?

Attachments

·
Registered
35,103 Posts
Fare enough!

Looks very smart. I always like the 190. I remember back in 1990 a colleague in Germany having one as a rental for a few months and getting the car to sway when the planet gear wiper got going at the traffic lights!

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers man ? it is quite funny having a passenger (non fare paying, obviously :)) observing that... ‘your wiper... it’s doing something weird’. That can come either before or after they spot the mirrors are different shapes and sizes. Must have made taxi drives a riot back in the day ?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
? It’s curious. Thought Alfa fans are car fans. Yet share a pic of a 29 year old Benz that keeps soldiering on, and no one gives two poops ?

·
Registered
37,692 Posts
Just hadn’t seen it mate, like the colour :thumbs:

I’m just glad you had the time to clean it. Not washed a car in over a year. Having three makes it a real chore, can’t do one and neglect the others :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
? no stress, no worries ?

Pic was neither here neither there I know that, but irrespective of car, there is that joy of the first proper wash and whipping off the winter sludge and embracing ‘primavera’; spring time ?

·
Registered
14,992 Posts
Scrubs up very well Gino.

I keep seeing one when I pick my lad up from college that looks similarly tidy.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There’s a lot there for the eye to take in, but the most baffling thing for me is they fitted a car with green wood. Green wood. Why would you do that? BMW must have been in a fit of giggles seeing that lot ?

·
Registered
35,103 Posts
Maybe somebody read the brief with the wrong interpretation for “green” ?
They didn’t mean the colour. They meant ecological , like their eco leather, which is plastic.

·
Registered
14,992 Posts
The Azzurro is a bit tasty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts