Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have found the plastic casing top of the bonnet catch micro switch coated in old grease at
the bottom of the catch mechanism.:cry:

I want to glue this back on the correct way round.

Does anyone have a photo of the switch in situ on the catch... I'm particularly interested in which end the round eye sits..?

Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
does it look like this; (I found this on the net for a Fiat)
Interesting as mine doesnt have the metal arm at all.. I wonder where I ca get a replacement switch?

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfect!
Thanks Dave,
Just as I thought, it should have the arm present. I just need to search the internet for the correct replacement switch. After spending 10 mins cleaning a regreasing the catch mechanism, I dont want to fork out for a new one just for the microswitch.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Hi All,

I have found the plastic casing top of the bonnet catch micro switch coated in old grease at
the bottom of the catch mechanism.:cry:

I want to glue this back on the correct way round.

Does anyone have a photo of the switch in situ on the catch... I'm particularly interested in which end the round eye sits..?

Thanks
I found this very disturbing. Not the bonnet catch issue, but the fact that you still sign off with 2008-2009 Fantasy Football Champion. I will now have my signature as "Winner of the 1982 player of the season Links Utd, Essex Echo League".

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as i recall, alfaowner didn't reward me with anything and decided that i will be adding this to my posts.. i was intending to have 2009/2010, 2010/2011, which would look great but unfortunately my luck didn't continue.
If anybody finds me a link to where i can purchase the microswitch, i will consider removing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts