·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OOOh nice one - daddy like :)!! Thank you so much for that! Wish my paintwork looked like that! Wish i had a body kit too!! In fact, i wish mine was a GTA :lol:

What do you think???

(heres a pic of mine)

Attachments

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Quality Photoshopping, A1laserboy. :thumbs:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 there Morgan

Can't decide on those ones - the red ring may do more harm than good lol! Or, anthracite multispoke

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
+1 there Morgan

Can't decide on those ones - the red ring may do more harm than good lol! Or, anthracite multispoke
I think those wheels would look cracking on a red 147. :cool:

And this is from a bloke who isn't usually a big fan of aftermarket alloys. ;)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool - thanks Morgan! although, they probably look better on the photoshop pic than they would on my faded bella! I just think black alloys with the dark glass will look pretty mean - it was just the red stripe i was worried about.
I was worried about the red callipers clashing with the car, but they look ok - wondered if adding the red striped wheels would balls the whole thing up lol

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Cool - thanks Morgan! although, they probably look better on the photoshop pic than they would on my faded bella! I just think black alloys with the dark glass will look pretty mean - it was just the red stripe i was worried about.
I was worried about the red callipers clashing with the car, but they look ok - wondered if adding the red striped wheels would balls the whole thing up lol
Honestly, I think the red stripe will add to the overall effect, not balls it up. :cool:

Let me explain: black wheels with black tyres can look a little plain. With a subtle body-coloured stripe around the outer edge of the rim, there's a clear visual demarcation between wheel and tyre. With the red calipers on full display between the spokes of the wheels, it'll look fabulous, in my opinion. And if you're worried about the faded paint on your car, give it a good going over with T-Cut or Colour Magic. :thumbs:

My only caveat would be that you need to make 100% sure the wheels fill the arches properly. Rims like that will need super low-profile tyres, so might look a bit lost in the arches if the wheels aren't big enough. ;)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fantastic! Thanks for the advice. I'm sure i'll continue to flap until i actually buy them - worrying if not having gta body kit will effect the look, etc etc lol! Turning into a right girl over it - i just need to take the plunge and buy them!!
My standard wheels are 15''. Was considering only going to 16'' as to not effect the ride to much. Maybe 17's??? Will i need my speedo re-calibrated if i jump 2 inches??

Ref my paintwork, its a bit of a mess really. Stone chips everywhere. you'll also see in the pic of my wheel i added that the paint has come off the corner of the sills. And of course, with the Rosso paint, in the right light every panel looks a different shade :(
Can't afford a respray though! How serious a going over with T-Cut would you suggest?? I've done it once all over, and its serious graft and i didnt really see too much of a difference.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Fantastic! Thanks for the advice. I'm sure i'll continue to flap until i actually buy them - worrying if not having gta body kit will effect the look, etc etc lol! Turning into a right girl over it - i just need to take the plunge and buy them!!
My standard wheels are 15''. Was considering only going to 16'' as to not effect the ride to much. Maybe 17's??? Will i need my speedo re-calibrated if i jump 2 inches??

Ref my paintwork, its a bit of a mess really. Stone chips everywhere. you'll also see in the pic of my wheel i added that the paint has come off the corner of the sills. And of course, with the Rosso paint, in the right light every panel looks a different shade :(
Can't afford a respray though! How serious a going over with T-Cut would you suggest?? I've done it once all over, and its serious graft and i didnt really see too much of a difference.
As long as the overall diameter of the tyres is the same (near as damnit), then the speedo will be fine. As you'll be going for a lower profile tyre, just work out which wheel/tyre combo will give you a similar overall diameter to your current wheels & tyres.

As for making the car's paintwork shine again, this is what I did when I had a "pink" Mondeo a few years ago:

1) Bought 12v electric polisher from Halfords.
2) Bought a bottle of Colour Magic (the stuff that's matched for the colour of the car).
3) Spent a Saturday going over the motor.
4) Did it all again on Sunday.
5) Drove to work in a red car on Monday. :lol:

Good luck, my friend. :cool:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool! Well, i already have red t-cut in the shed (if its any good), and i need to head to halfords tomorrow.

One final (pehaps stoopid) question... if i wash, dry, t-cut, buff t-cut to a shine as directed - can i then go over the top with my usual polish??

Thanks again Morgan166 for your help, and to A1laserboy for his super pic! :)

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Cool! Well, i already have red t-cut in the shed (if its any good), and i need to head to halfords tomorrow.

One final (pehaps stoopid) question... if i wash, dry, t-cut, buff t-cut to a shine as directed - can i then go over the top with my usual polish??

Thanks again Morgan166 for your help, and to A1laserboy for his super pic! :)
You can indeed polish the car after T-Cutting. :thumbs: In fact, it's a good idea, to keep the shine "locked in". :cool:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Isn't there a clear coat over the red? :confused:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Isn't there a clear coat over the red? :confused:
It'll have all but gone on antpal's 147. :( Same thing happened to my "pink" Mondeo years ago.

A good T-Cutting followed by regular applications of a decent quality polish will keep the car looking red. :thumbs:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lovely - cheers Morgan166! I've just arrived back from halfrauds with a 12v rotary polisher :)
So, a wash, a dry, t-cut, buff, and finally a drop of megs gold class should to the trick!

Play time! :thumbs:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, here it is on your car - didn't manage to make a very nice looking brake disc I'm afraid.

I might make it so you can see what it'd look like if you gave it a clean once in a while ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lush!! That accounts for the lower profile tyre! :)
I will probably only go for the 16's though.

Thank you!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts