Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Excellent. The offset seems a bit bigger though.
I suppose you ll get same size of brake disks? Pads? what brand?

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
very nice dre, the OZs look perfect on Alfas, imo!
and seeing you have 17inchers, you should probably get bigger discs, which fit only with 17" wheels. Considering the amount of power you'll have soon, i'll bet it'll be pretty useful!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jomor:
<strong>Excellent. The offset seems a bit bigger though.
I suppose you ll get same size of brake disks? Pads? what brand?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ECB pads :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you mean EBC?

apparently,they need a lot of heating on the road,and they cool down on a motorway was well.The standard Alfa pads with cast drilled discs are very good imo.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Still have the original pads on my 147. On my previous Pug i had Textar pads which were much better than the Peugeot pads (usually Ferodo). I ll propably try the Textars at my 147 too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by dave:
<strong>do you mean EBC?

apparently,they need a lot of heating on the road,and they cool down on a motorway was well.The standard Alfa pads with cast drilled discs are very good imo.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">:eek: Yep! I mean EBC :eek:

I bought EBC yellow for streetuse, so I won't have the problem with heating them first.
You could go for EBC red, they are a bit more racy, but you have to warm them first. (not very suited for streetuse). Then there is EBC black, for extreme racing. :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm using EBC pad at the front. I have no problem for street use. I don't have to warm it. Also it has very little brake dust. Now my rear brake dust are much more then the front wheel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ABYSS:
<strong>Also it has very little brake dust. Now my rear brake dust are much more then the front wheel.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's also an advantage... :D
I will use them front and rear, so even less brake dust on the rear! :D :p

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Hi,

I've heard indeed that using other brake-pads (remblokjes in dutch) produce less dust.
What kind of brakepads are these? Can they be swapped easily? And how much do they cost?

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
and why do they produce less dust?
is it because they are made of a harder material?
if so, will it reduce the life time of the brake disks? dont like the sound of this.. :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Dré,

Why don't you take the brakes from a Porsche 993? You'll probably know Novitec provides them for the 147 and I think it looks very nice to have those on your 147.

Because your 147 is already a money pit, the price Novitec asks can't be a problem ;o)

Selespeed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong>Dré,

Why don't you take the brakes from a Porsche 993? You'll probably know Novitec provides them for the 147 and I think it looks very nice to have those on your 147.

Because your 147 is already a money pit, the price Novitec asks can't be a problem ;o)

Selespeed</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">:D :( :D :( wink

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Stori:
<strong>I was wondering what size rims these are? ie height and width?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">225 17" zr45 8j

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Thanks. They fill the guards very nicely.
I "toyed" with the idea of puting 18 * 7.7j with 235 * 40 * 18 tyres.
However my insurance company (here in Australia )was unsympathetic. No wider than 7j was there comment! They were however happy with 18" height

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Further to the above comment, I was talking about wider tyeres on a 147 which I am in the process of buying and not my existing Alfetta GTV

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
I noticed on one of your previous posts re Supercharger that you originally had Supersport rims on your 147. Was the car lowered in that picture and if so by how much?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.