Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few days I've recieved quite a few emails from the various services and utilities I use - all telling me about the extra support, freebies and advice I can get from them in these difficult times. All, that is, except Photobucket they needed to inform me that my free membership no longer supports web-hosting and I'll have to pay a subscription if I want it to continue. Well that's not going to happen.

I don't intend to take the trouble of porting all the images I've linked in my various posts to a new service (but if any user needs any specific image, I'd do them on an ad hoc basis. But I do want to arrange a new service for any future pictures I might link.

A quick look at what is available for free and is likely to survive as a free service for a long period, tempts me to use Google Images. I worry, though that they own about 99% of the data on the planet anyway and I'd be happy not to give them any more of mine. Can anyone recommend another good free hosting service?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Not sure I'd use the word "recommend," but I use Dropbox. It's still free, up to a certain amount of data. Don't much like the strange process involved in linking to other forums. Alfaowner isn't a problem, but others don't accept an embedded copy like it does, and you link to the picture's url. But then I think the usability of most websites is rubbish. It doesn't seem to be a priority to the people designing them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts