Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surely if someone phones me & is greeted by a 'friendly' voicemail stating that I am busy just now, but will phone back as soon a possible, the most they would do is leave a message & wait for the call back
I have one or two clients that leave the message, then phone back two minutes later on a regular basis FFS :mad:

There are times I have to concentrate on a design or I may be driving (I never use the phone on the road) - I might even be 'taking the kids to the pool' :tut: - why bloody mither me when the voice mail says it all? :rant:

That is all....

·
Registered
15,172 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How very dare I not search :eek:

I guess my rant is slightly different though - they do leave a message & still phone me back 2 minutes later :p

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that's totally different rantage. :p

;)

(BTW, WTF is mither? :confused:)

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Yes, that's totally different rantage. :p

;)

(BTW, WTF is mither? :confused:)
mither, to slightly annoy. pronounced my-ther
i think, dont take my word ive not had as much life experience as most of you on this forum have :p

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nev - picture a long car journey - two kids in the back who start asking are we there yet? 5 minutes after you leave - this is then their mantra for the whole three hour journey <-- THAT is mither :lol:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Good rant, not fond of the

Missed calls: Joe Bloggs - 14 calls
Voicemail: 9 New messages
Texts: From Joe Bloggs "Jon, call me back"

scenario!

Also people who say in their voice message

"Hi Jon, just calling about blah blah blahdy blah ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz......... Blah (2 minutes of crap) . . . . anyway, I'll talk to you about it again when you call back"

Well why did you just leave a 3 minute message covering the subject in finite detail if you want me to call you back and expect me to listen to this rubbish again? Huh? Tell me?!!!!!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Maybe it's more specific than just up north, maybe it's a Lancashire thing ?
must be, more like a northwest thing, we have our own language up here:lol:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a northern word for sure - we use mither up here but as a verb rather than a noun.

Verb: mither mI-dhu(r)
Usage: UK, dialect

1. (north UK) to fuss, pester or annoy someone
Derived forms: mithers, mithered, mithering

:thumbs:

Back on topic: Yes, I get parents mithering me like that all the time.

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
It's a northern word for sure - we use mither up here but as a verb rather than a noun.

Verb: mither mI-dhu(r)
Usage: UK, dialect

1. (north UK) to fuss, pester or annoy someone
Derived forms: mithers, mithered, mithering

:thumbs:
What PG said......I understood Jon perfectly, despite him being a southerner from Manchester........:lol:

And I do empathise with your rant Jon....my variation being the people who ring you and spend 10 minutes explaining why they are going to be 15 minutes late.......

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
It pishes me off when the get to the answering machine AND DON'T LEAVE A MESSAGE ffs they have already paid for the call at that stage... :nutter:

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
I like to pretend I'm a FAx machine and do the Beeps ... it really annoys the owner:p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts