Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to the Phoenix Park this weekend. I've never been to it the races there before. Apparently it is the oldest motor sport venue in the world still in use. There will be a collection of Ferraris's there, including an Enzo, and a F1 2003, or whatever this years model is called.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Sure, I'll be there... A friend is racing his 911's in six races....! I'll bring Alfie. Suspect I will be attending on both Saturday and Sunday.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Back in '97 I saw Damon Hill there, driving the '96 season RWR (Rothams William Renault). In '96 I saw Jean Christophe Boulion lash the '95 model round in style.
It's true, it is the oldest Grand Prix citcuit still in use, back from 1903 I think!

Wait till you see the 'Kev's', 'Rice Boys', Knackers, Scumbags, Hoopy earring, back-to-front cap, 'jonos' attending!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Why don't you come over from Oslo for it? It's only a short hop and Ryanair are doing flights for 50p at the moment into Stansted!!!!!!! There are always some very nice cars there!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Wwhere is it? Bang in the middle of the park?

What sort of time? I might actually be able to make it...

Cheers!
-Nick

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Che,

Just drive to the park... it will be no problem to find. It's Sat and Sun from about 9am.

http://www.motorsportireland.com/

How will we find each others cars?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Don't yet know if I'm gonna make it! But I'll keep an eye out for any Alfas if I do!!

Mine is a blue 97D 145, and I've never seen those wheels on another 145...

Cheers!!
Nick

[edit - my site is down (hosted in NYC)
Fotango beckons....

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
That's the spot I did my top mount in! Foot In!
I have those alloys on a 146! Prefer my new ones from a 164, they're wider, must take a photo of them...

·
Registered
943 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by McGuinn:
<strong>That's the spot I did my top mount in! Foot In!
I have those alloys on a 146! Prefer my new ones from a 164, they're wider, must take a photo of them...</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">164 alloys on your 145 or 146?
Sounds interesting - what kind are they?

And that road has some very nasty subsidence which will cause you to bottom out! (never in my Alfa thank god)

-Nick

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
These:

That road doesn't let you away with anything...

...right over crest into double crest into uneven section, into 7 left over bridge, into 7 right into uneven section, over crest into off camber 3 right into bog, into roof, bog, sky, bog, sky, into fireball...

·
Registered
943 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by McGuinn:
<strong>That road doesn't let you away with anything...

...right over crest into double crest into uneven section, into 7 left over bridge, into 7 right into uneven section, over crest into off camber 3 right into bog, into roof, bog, sky, bog, sky, into fireball...</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">laughing , but I'm convinced that road is passable at insanely high speeds, maybe a Rally Impreza with reinforced sump guard could do it...

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I was there, and spotted AlfaKev's 75, with the unusual split rims. Nice.

Did anybody see the BMW 2002 Turbo sneak up behind the Porsche's on the grid and then overtake 50% of them before the first corner??? That was classic! More of a Bavarian race than a Porsche cup...!
The Enzo was a big letdown. The Maserati was better in some ways, I didn't even watch the 1999 F1 Ferrari as it's a load of old coblers... it hadn't been tuned since about 1999 either... well down on power.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Pity I couldn't make it in the end... Ah well, next time...

-Nick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts