Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed on www.powerbulbs.co.uk that Philips are about to release +80% bulbs to top their range, ahead of the +50% VisionPlus bulbs. Seems to have got the people at Auto Express quite excited.

For all those with dim GT headlights it might be what we've been waiting for! :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
For all those with dim GT headlights it might be what we've been waiting for! :D
Picked up 2 pairs of Osram Silverstar H7 bulbs for my GT headlights a couple of weeks back, definite improvement! Particularly on back roads, non-street lit roads. Well worth the price (knockdown price that is, of €27ish for all 4 :))

Interested in the +80% bulb review (and price)

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Can I recommend these guys for bulbs? Very cheap, plus I got next day delivery. And when it turned out Halfords listed the wrong type bulb for my car, they sent the replacements out straight away.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Do you need to upgrade the electrics to fit them?

·
Registered
689 Posts
nope, should go straight in no trouble.

I need to get me a set of them, going from HID's to standard bulbs is like wearing sunglasses at night :(

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
i presume osram wont be too far behind in releasing their version, i can get staff discount on ossies

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Have they arrived now?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Re: Philip's +80% bulbs

I chased up the carbulbsdirect people today. I did not get a chance to say very much when I was asked if it was about the Philip's H7 bulbs. Apparently demand has completely outstripped supply and I should receive them early next week :(

These things better be good

·
Registered
988 Posts
The bulbs arrived a few days ago and today I got the chance to fit them. Fitting bulbs on a 156 requires tiny 6 fingered hands with the dexterity of a neurosurgeon.

As for the Philips bulbs. They are quite literally brilliant. After fitting one side I turned on the lights to check they were working. The difference between the old bulbs and the Philips was very clear even though it was only about 4.00pm ie bright sunlight

£32 was a lot of money to spend on some lightbulbs but the difference was significant and therefore I would say it is fantastic value for money.

The only downside is fitting the the bulbs and demand is outstripping supply and so it might not be easy to get them quickly.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I went out last night but it was all under normal street lights. The lighting where I park the car is not that great but when parking my initial thought was that I had switched on the main beam by accident.

I suspect these bulbs will make night driving much easier and safer

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have tried to take some pictures, one is of just the sidelights the other is with the new dipped lights. Hopefully this will highlight the relative difference. It was my intention to keep one of the old bulbs in situ but I have been out each day and only returning home in the evening.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts