Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
good to be back on the site again! Can anyone tell me where the phase/RPM sensor (think these are the same thing) lives on the 2.0 16V Twinspark engine?
The ECU's been connected to a diagnostic check unit, and its coming up with a code that says its the phase sensor at fault.
BTW the reason for the diagnostic is that the tickover's too low (400RPM!!) or too high! (7000rpm!!!) eek! Another point to mention is that if the auxilary air valve sender is disconnected all is well??? :confused:
...any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is the aux air valve sender attached to the side of the air intake manifold ???? If so, give the inside a clean. Can't remember exactly what it looks like but it has a kinda sliding door type thingy which can get gummed up.

Marlon

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Marlon,
that's the one! Remember a similar thing happened with the V6, do you think it could be one of those Alfa "referred sensor faults" ?

Mark.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Its gotta be worth giving it a clean

Especially if it saves spending cash on a sensor you dont need

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
just thought on if you mean the sensor at the back of the throttle body its a sealed unit , the one on top is the one you can clean out but watch the little gasket its only paper i ripped mine but you can just make another from a cornflakes box. wink

1 - 6 of 6 Posts