Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I’ve just registered here, so forgive me if this has already been discussed. I’ve just bought a 916 gtv and am keen to get it back to factory spec. Anyone out there know where I could get a phase 2 radio cassette player?
Many thanks. Stew

·
Registered
79 Posts
Look up GTV City or Alfa Romeo City on Facebook, Giuseppe Bussone will have something!

Be warned: you're going to pay an arm and a leg for one ;)

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
[QUOTE="Stew gtv v6, post: 17596153, member: 744111" You need a lot of arms and legs when you love Alfas !😕
[/QUOTE]
Not necessarily so. I've had my GTV from new in 2001, the list of things that had to be done, so not those that I chose to do or were consumables, are as follows:-

Balance shaft oil seal, gearbox driveshaft seal, exhaust back box and two bonnet struts. The only MoT advisory was for a very slightly leaking exhaust.

I have friends who have had more trouble with their BMWs, Hondas and Audis, amongst others. In some cases relatively new cars were beyond economic repair just because of the cost of parts and labour.
Back to your request about the radios the original's were not very good and it's no wonder they were exchanged for others. There are modern equivalents that have similar appearance but are much better quality, and I'm not that interested in I.C.E.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be fair I agree. This is my third gtv after 3 sud sprints back in the day. None of them ever let me down and only needed consumables (and welding, but that was one of the suds!). Unfortunately, the V6 I haven’t owned from new unlike the other gtvs. Thanks for the advise on the radio. Like you, I’m not that interested in ice, just wanted it for the aesthetics.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You can sometimes get period clarion systems that are a very similar spec to the original. I got a radio cassette with CD autochanger for £60 off ebay. It looks period, and was a lot cheaper, if not the exact model originally fitted. Enjoy your new purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can sometimes get period clarion systems that are a very similar spec to the original. I got a radio cassette with CD autochanger for £60 off ebay. It looks period, and was a lot cheaper, if not the exact model originally fitted. Enjoy your new purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that. I will!!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Not all 916s came with a radio cassette. When I bought my GTV in 2001, it came with a Clarion CD player.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not all 916s came with a radio cassette. When I bought my GTV in 2001, it came with a Clarion CD player.
Yes. My 2000 ts had a clarion head with cassette player, and a multi cd changer in the boot. I expect they are hard to get hold of too! I’ll keep looking. Thanks for all your help guys.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hi stew.

been a few years since I’ve been on here. I might just have a ph2 sliver head unit. Drop me a dm and I’ll have a look in the cupboard of doom. I defo do have all four original speakers and the 6cd changer boot unit.

cheers

neil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts