Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
If you look carefully, you'll see another hex head ( under the rubber boot? - I can't remember ).

Stick a spanner on that and you'll then be able to undo the bolt holding the caliper to the slider.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Also, one of the sliders will be stepped. Make sure you note which hole the stepped slider goes into.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
but there are no hex under it.
There is! If you look at the picture you linked to, at the end of each slider is a hex shaped part. A spanner on that will allow you to undo the bolt screwed into the end of the slider.

Watch this video from about 20 seconds in to see the use of a second spanner to undo the pin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THAc_sdqEs0

At about 1:10, he removes the caliper. At that point the pins can be removed from the mounting bracket.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Nothing wrong with copper grease, how did the sand get in there?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I dont know if its sand or if its dried copper grease, which is why i dont use it with rubber, Silicone grease for sliding pins as water resistant and safe with rubber. Copper is alot less friendly to rubber then silicone as it may dry up. boots where fine, it had just seized up everything, had to clean it all, wire brush the pins, new boots and greased up. now they push them selves up which is good.

Just finished the baking of my Big brake upgrade today, so happy with the results. Alfa 166 Big brake upgrade + manifold refurbish - Album on Imgur

1 - 10 of 10 Posts