Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulietta QC Launch Edition
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it at all possible to fit a Phase 2 lusso grill, the one with the silver outline, on to a phase 1 bonnet? I know the connection is slightly different, but could it be modified at all? I love that grill.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,368 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulietta QC Launch Edition
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
16,368 Posts
:thumbs: Does look good ! Off you go then and get one fitted ! As my car came like this I can't help with where to buy or how to fit but it doesn't look difficult.

Good luck and enjoy the results ! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've got a P2, but having seen paintergirl's grille I think that looks way better - it actually looks more modern that the chrome outlined grille.

Hmm, can you get a P1 grille for a P2??! :lol:

P

·
0 Posts
I've got a spare :thumbs: I bought it "just in case" - paid a fiver for it and £5 postage....

·
Registered
890 Posts
EBAY type in scudetto grille for the gtv and it comes up not very good pics and comes from germany was very impressed when mine arrived just need a new badge now then i can post pics looks poor with a dull badge

·
16,368 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
I like it Nige :D

Any alterations I have made are fairly subtle e.g. clear side repeaters, new badges, chrome door pins, Alfa logo valve caps so far

I'm wanting to paint my rocker cover next and air intake, maybe the calipers too.

All done in the best possible taste :D

·
16,368 Posts
I like it Nige :D

Any alterations I have made are fairly subtle e.g. clear side repeaters, new badges, chrome door pins, Alfa logo valve caps so far

I'm wanting to paint my rocker cover next and air intake, maybe the calipers too.

All done in the best possible taste :D
:thumbs: I also like to keep things fairly standard, have an F1 style filler flap cover, not liked by many but I think it looks OK, Rial Alloys and a Momo gear knob, that's about all there is different from standard.

For the valve caps I put on the pressure indicating type which I find useful, especially on one wheel which despite several repair attempts still has a very slow puncture, a quick glance shows me when I need a quick top up and I cam also instantly check all the tyre pressures to within 2/3 psi at a glance, I no longer like having dirty hands ! The only downside to these is that the valve is permanently depressed so the seal depends on the screw thread, doesn't seem like a good idea but I have had no trouble in the past two years so perhaps..........

Just bought a can of the instant tyre puncture repair stuff and I'll be putting this into the ' dodgy ' tyre next week, I know that it's not really designed for this but it may just seal that small leak until I replace the tyre which will probably be in the next six months or so.

I still have my old wheel studs in the boot waiting to go to the plating shop, as they have been for over two years...... How did you get on with painting yours ?

P

·
0 Posts
I haven't yet :eek: and I'm in dispute with the guy I bought the covers off. He denies that I returned them and won't refund my dosh. So now I'm effectively £60 out of pocket (£30 paid for the covers and no covers!!) :mad:

I'm going to have to write that off I think :(

·
16,368 Posts
He denies that I returned them and won't refund my dosh. So now I'm effectively £60 out of pocket (£30 paid for the covers and no covers!!) :mad:

I'm going to have to write that off I think :(
:( Annoying when that happens, don't you have any proof of postage ? This is the minimum standard I'll do when posting these days.

The Tyre seal I mentioned earlier came off a guy on eBay. It didn't turn up after a week so I e mailed him and he sent a replacement straight away. He reckons the PO lost items costs him thousands a year. :(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts