Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
morning people, ive tried searching before the search police start chiming in...
hopefully someone can help me
spider 916 ph2
i have clear water dripping into the passenger footwell as have a number of others on here it seems at times..
at first i thought it was rain through the wiper bulkhead, as it did start when i was out in the rain last week.
however im not as after i dried it up, went for a drive to day and on right hand bend there was quite a bit more fast dripping in..
now this is possible that it could be residual rainwater left pooling somewhere, but form reading on here, it also could be the air con drain pipe being dislodged..
ive removed the glove box to have a look, but cant see anything too much as there is what looks like a heater black plastic arrangement there...
anyone can point me in the direction how to locate and check this would be much appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Attached to the metal bulkhead in the engine bay is a plastic gasket -

https://flic.kr/p/Z45L7r

You can't see it from above as it is behind the silver heat shielding.

In that photo, the one on the left is phase 2 ( right side is phase 1 with no aircon ). The water pipes go through the lower, horizontal oval and the aircon pipes go through the upper, vertical oval. The lumpy bit between them is the drain pipe.

You're going to have to get under the car to find it and try clearing it with a bit of wire. However, it is possible that the heater unit itself is full of organic matter ( old leaves etc ) and may have to be cleaned out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Attached to the metal bulkhead in the engine bay is a plastic gasket -

https://flic.kr/p/Z45L7r

You can't see it from above as it is behind the silver heat shielding.

In that photo, the one on the left is phase 2 ( right side is phase 1 with no aircon ). The water pipes go through the lower, horizontal oval and the aircon pipes go through the upper, vertical oval. The lumpy bit between them is the drain pipe.

You're going to have to get under the car to find it and try clearing it with a bit of wire. However, it is possible that the heater unit itself is full of organic matter ( old leaves etc ) and may have to be cleaned out.
brilliant thank you.. its defo the air con drain.. i run the car for twenty mins no water on tfloor, pulled out the drive turned right and bingo, water into the foot well...

i just found a thread were someone cleaned out using a tie wrap or something..from under the car. afetr a poke water came flooding out the drain... just got to find that hose and see if it will clear..
i parcked under a silver birch tree last week, it sheds pesky little tiny leaves..

how is the heater cleaned out?
do you think i might be able to get to it jacking the car up and sliding under ? or do i need ramps or even on a lift from mecahnics?
hopefully if i can get it cleaned i can keep an eye on it and do it once a week..
until its all clear.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got the car up, front passenger wheel off, can i see what im looking for lyaing on the ground? nope... looking in between various structual / suspension parts there at the lower edge of silver heat sheld there seems to be a carpet type material shrouding the drive shaft.. preventing me from seeing behind this bit? am i looking in the correct area?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found it...
getting to it underneath is dam near imposible,
i removed the two jubliee clips, and removed the 70mm air filter pipe, then you can get your hand down to it..
i massaged it a bit and water came running out, i then proceeded to tear a little of teh heat sheald away to access a bit more of it. tried to push a plastic tie wrap up into it, but wasnt that successful.. but water was still coming out.. i then connected a small plastic pipe to an air gun and gave it a blast.... ...
lets see how it goes...
thanks pkr for your help..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts