Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as above my front fusebox cover is currently flapping around my ankles as it is held of by tie tags. Not ideal. Does anyone know of and where all the screws are still available? Thanks. Ash

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried a couple of eBay breakers but no joy, not tried a dealer, I suppose that could be a good shout. Mine seems to have front tabs a few mm long, is that about how long they should be?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've tried a couple of eBay breakers but no joy, not tried a dealer, I suppose that could be a good shout. Mine seems to have front tabs a few mm long, is that about how long they should be?
Good luck, I tried to find some last year and gave up, they are the only parts I've not been able to find. If you come across any please tell.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I bought a new fuse box cover from the dealer last year and it came with two of the three screws. I'm pretty sure they'll have the screws as it seems to be quite a generic part. Try them and see.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Seems to be a problem that a number of us owners suffer from. I could really do with a new fuse box cover (+ screws!) as one of the lugs on the front is completely broken off and the other is held on with Evo-Stik! If anyone knows where to find one (new or breaking) I'll be very grateful.

BTW Wasn't me that broke them! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Has anyone asked a dealer for a price?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I've tried before unfortunately the screws don't actually appear on EPER like they do on the Punto link. I assume this is because when you buy a new fusebox lid it comes with 2 of the 3 screws. I bought a new lid and was disappointed to find it was missing the 3rd screw. When I ordered another screw I was given a metal screw and washer which obviously isn't correct. I'm therefore considering going for one of the black Punto screws to finish it off.

Just as a side note. If you're thinking of buying a new lid I suggest moving on it quickly. The one I bought was manufactured in 2003 according to the label on the packaging. Therefore it's safe to assume AR global will not be replenishing the stock when it runs out. In my experience 2nd hand ones ALL have broken tabs.
I've already experienced some difficulty with some interior trim parts so I suggest not waiting too long. As an example inner sill covers are EOA but can be bought via various 3rd parties online. I also managed to buy the very last carpet for the cubby behind the seats in the Spider....and I had to beg and plead with the management of my local dealer to get involved and get me the last one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts