Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a place in the Great North Run this September and I'm raising money for The Dogs Trust :) It's the largest half marathon in the world and I'm dead chuffed that I'm going to be a part of it :thumbs:

I'm hoping to raise at least £200, including my entry of £40 which I've already paid. I've raised £60 already.

This is where you, my friends, can help!

Last year you helped me to raise an astonishing £300 for Alzheimer's care and £145 for Cancer Research UK. Amazing!! Thank you for that :)

The Dogs Trust is special because they don't put dogs down unless there is a medical reason for doing so. They home dogs all over the UK and Ireland either through foster care, kennels or finding permanent homes for them. They obviously need help in feeding and caring for these animals and this is where the money we raise will help.

The link to my Just Giving page is in my signature. You can donate as little as £2 through that or £1 using this text link via Vodafone: Text PGDT64 followed by the amount you want to send to 70070.

If you wanted to send £1 your screen would look like this

1.gif Or £10... 10.gif

Anything you send will help the dawgies :D

Thank you :)

P.S.
Pleeeeeease :inlove:
508877-bigthumbnail.jpg

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbs: Thanks Al :D Much appreciated.

G

·
0 Posts
Good timing. I just did my tax return for last year and decided I have not been giving enough to charity, so happy to donate! I already sponsor a dog at Dogs Trust (good old Shane) but am happy to give more to such a great cause. Best of luck with the run!

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Nigel! :thumbs: What a lovely thought!!

P

·
0 Posts
Thanks Nigel! :thumbs: What a lovely thought!!
You've got me. Doggies that need looking after are my weakness. I see people that have beautiful dogs full of personality, who have got them from the R.S.P.C.A. and I think that there but for fortune they would have been put down. :(

I doubt the text method is going to work for me. Any other suggestions?

P

·
0 Posts
You've got me. Doggies that need looking after are my weakness. I see people that have beautiful dogs full of personality, who have got them from the R.S.P.C.A. and I think that there but for fortune they would have been put down. :(

I doubt the text method is going to work for me. Any other suggestions?
Don't worry. Found out how to do it by using Visa. Donation on the way. Good on you. :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amazing PT14 - thank you so much! :D

V

·
0 Posts
Good luck PG
I'm a big fan of the dogs trust and infact one of my Shepherds came from our local centre so I'll be only to happy to make a donation. :)

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Done and done - good luck :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys :thumbs: Every pound makes a difference. I really appreciate all the help you are giving.

Thanks to you all and donations I've had elsewhere I'm almost at my target already!

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bumping this ;) I'm almost at my target already, but a bit of occasional bumpage doesn't hurt the cause :)

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is it time to bump my thread yet?

Maybe not? Hmmmm.

Edit: Ooops, I appear to have bumped "by accident" :D

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Someone just donated a large amount of money to my JustGiving account and I don't know who it was, but thank you :D You've just taken me over my £200 target :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Resurrection time because I have just a week to go :D Apparently Mo Farah has asked to run with me, or something like that :cool: I will be one of 50,000 runners - spot me on TV (it'll be a bit like Where's Wally/Waldo)

Here's me and Murphy getting our pic taken for the paper :thumbs:

dogs.jpg

It's still not too late to donate, although I realise that you get bombarded with requests on here :)

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Al :thumbs: I'm on course for a good time (for me) so fingers crossed! I was interviewed by our local newspaper this morning; 20 minutes of me rambling on :lol: Heaven knows what they'll make of that :cheese:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts