Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was changing a wheel on my wife's Peugeot 306 cabriolet and it felt much lighter than a telephone dial wheel, despite being the same 15" size with identical size and profile tyre. And it has the same 4 hole bolt pattern so I thought I would see how it looked.
I like it! Only problem is the embossed lion in the centre....

I weighed both wheels. The Peugeot with a brand new tyre was 32 lbs, the Teledial with a part worn tyre was 36 lbs. So not as much as it felt when I was lifting them both, but every little helps. 4 x 4 = 16 lbs I could save, to help offset the 40 lbs I added with the frame stiffener!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Pretty much Any 4stud Peugeot or ford 4stud wheel will fit, as they are all 4x108mm, it's always the centre bore you need to keep an eye on, this can be resolved normally with a spacer. So you have lots and lots of choice. I fitted ford spec revolution RFX wheels to my old S4.

If I recall, on the s4 you might want to check fitment on the front wheels as well, because there is a small radi on the disc face that, if the centre bore is a bit too small, it won't let the wheel sit flush. But I put 5mm spacers on to get around that.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
They look surprisingly good on the S4 but you need to get rid of the Peugeot badge pronto!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Teledials look way better

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The other issue is my wife (somewhat selfishly, I can't help thinking) wanting to keep the wheels for her car :rolleyes:

·
Registered
330 Posts
i reckon it looks great! sort the Pug out with something else and go with it! I always found the S4 standard wheels too "executive" and not enough "sports"....

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments. Now, how do I persuade the missus that her car would look better with the Tele dials????

FrenchSpider, this is the automatic car which came in from Japan, where it was originally sold. You're correct, though, it is the same spec as the US cars. The red strips are actually side marker lights rather than just reflectors and come on with the lights. The front indicator repeaters are similar shape and in the same position on the front bumper, rather than the small round ones on the wing that we have on the Euro cars.

And yes, I love those Alfaholics wheels too. I'm tempted.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Me too, but they are expensive and if I took my Spider to Alfaholics I would also like to get them to do their suspension kit (~£1000 for this alone) and possibly their brakes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts