Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had a look at the Peugeot RCZ website :inlove:

The only problem with the car is that even the 200bhp version isn't that fast; however, when a car looks that good who cares :lol:

The interior looks superb too :cool:

If only it has an Alfa badge on the front :lol:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I think the RCZ is the best looking car Peugeot have made in many a long year...

BUT (and there's always a but), it still has the "heavy" look all modern Peugeots are saddled with. For evidence of what I mean, look at a 205 alongside a 206, alongside a 207.

Or for an even more marked comparison, the 405/406/407, and the 306/307/308.

See what I mean? Heavy.

N

·
0 Posts
Seen 3 on the road today.

Gorgeous.

If the Targa top comes out, I'm having one.

:thumbs:

C

·
0 Posts
Like already said front looks all wrong...id take the tt,latest 3.2 sounds and goes very well.

B

·
0 Posts
Like already said front looks all wrong...id take the tt,latest 3.2 sounds and goes very well.
:) Fair enough, but even putting to one side which one looks better, I don't think they look the same. Not any more than any coupe with four wheels looks similar to another.

H

·
0 Posts
If it had an Alfa badge folks here would be unanimously drooling over it.

It's a great looker, nicer and more interesting than the TT

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good looking vehicle apart from the front which is too heavy. Shame they ran out of money when it came to engines - far too slow for the money. I think the TT is better value and actually think it a better looking car - more fluid if that makes sense.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm with you.

It's a good looking car, and the "looks like a TT" stuff is overblown IMHO. For me, when you put them side to side, I think the RCZ wins it hands down.
Yeah, its definitely better looking than the rather bland TT

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I really like this RCZ.

Only seen one or two on the roads and found myself speeding up to it to have a closer look, not many cars these days make me do that.

N

·
0 Posts
Not sure about the first sentence - Alfa's designs are more coherent, regardless of what you think of the overall look. The front of the pug is an overdesigned mess.
But the option to have the "family" grill work in black
sorts that out IMHO. ;)

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
The RCZ could be the car to take me away from Alfa Romeo... test driven one, and they are actually really good.

J

·
0 Posts
this is another one of these cars that appears to have been designed by two people/groups who didn't speak to each other.

The R8 is another car like this, the back and the front just dont seem to flow IMHO on the RCZ it seems to be accentuated by the kink in the window line on the rear quarter

U

·
0 Posts
The Peugeot is one of those cars that looks better in photographs than in real life. I have seen about 6 of them, usually in dark colours, and in the flesh it just looks bloated and unwieldly - not so much a sports coupe, more a 308CC with a bubble roof.
Too little design and too much Peugeot has gone into it.
Good thing is, in a few years time they will be cheap as chips as a secondhand buy.
Recommendation: Avoid

1 - 20 of 26 Posts