Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rather like this modern take on the small coupé. A major departure for Peugeot and all the better for it. This is the first Peugeot I have seen since the 205 1.9 GTi that actually makes me actually feel a slight stir of desire!

PistonHeads Headlines

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
im sure ive seen these pictures from about 5 years or more ago....i thought this was dead in the water but they seem to be trying to revive it....it is good looking, but knowing Peugeot, they'll screw with its design somehow and it'll end up as fugly as the present 407 coupe ( why did they have to mess with the pristine Pininfarina 406 looks???)
and i doubt anybody at Peugeot knows how to make an interior look vaguely attractive, so i'm not going to hold my breath:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but worse, because it has a Peugeot evil grin face!:tut:
I hate Peugeot's current grinning face look, which they insist on getting ever more obvious with and applying across their whole range.
Yeah I agree.

I think the old 306 was superb piece of design with really clean lines. The 307 was a bloated eye sore and as you say, the progression of the 'big mouth' design language seems to make the cars look more and more ugly.

I do like this new coupé though. And hey if it is good enough to be a credible alternative to the TT then good for them. I would have a TT.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Oh look, an Audi TT. :rolleyes:

I actually seriously looked at 406 coupes, but while the exterior looks great, the interior is a MASSIVE let down.
Yeah, shortly after I bought my 166, my mate sold his VW Corrado & got a 406 V6 coupe. 10BHP down on the 166, but with an ever-so-slightly quicker 0-60 (so I was told). The interior was horrid, mind you, I'll say that over most interiors because Alfa interiors are the nicest you'll ever be in.:thumbs:

That said, if you are looking for a cheaper alternative (and you don't want to follow the TT sheep) the RCZ is a nice looking car. I saw the concept at the British Motor Show last year, looked very nice

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Peugeot need to go out and buy a second hand 205 Gti, drive it into their design studio and walk round it 20 times.

...and keep repeating this process until they remember how to design a car.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,315 Posts
as someone who believes that Peugeot's design department went for lunch in 1994 and never came back, I have to confess I love this little minx. It doesn't remind me of the TT, but its posture makes it look like an R8. I think it looks great, and I'm so so pleased that Puggy has at least tried. It won't be to everyone's tastes for sure, but at least it's more interesting, debate-inducing and thought-provoking, than the bargain-bucket Pound Land tat, that Peugeot has knocked out in the last few years.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Peugeot need to go out and buy a second hand 205 Gti, drive it into their design studio and walk round it 20 times.

Or take it to Pininfarina, like they did with the 205 GTi

N

·
0 Posts
I just had a peer into one at a dealer.

(There was a Corvette in the lot.)

Looks interesting.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
i too have taken a shine to these, i would consider it if i were in the market for something like this

W

·
0 Posts

:thumbs:

Peugeot used to make cars that looked French - 205 and 505.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
yes its an audi TT rival but anyone who thinks it look like one needs a trip to specsavers,

Karmann Ghia anyone?

love the twin bubble roof, but they need a 250bhp sub 7 sec to 60 engine.

the interior is lovely if you spec the leather dash.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,315 Posts
They were fugly-as-sin boxes.
pah! ;)

205, 305 (remember them?), 505 and 604 (!) looked great, i thought. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts