Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
My next door neighbour picks one up tomorrow I think, he has a 407 coupe at the mo

He said he's not really into cars :lol:

No ****!!!

·
Registered
37,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The folks we lived next to for the last 18 years had either 405s, 406s (saloon & coupe) or 407s (V6 and diesel) and have now got.....

an RCZ! :eek:

I think they keep Shrewsbury Peugeot afloat singlehandedly.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I suppose it is aimed primarily at the fleet market so what can you expect really? It'll probably be fairly tax efficient for a reasonablt spacious, moderately comfy, fairly well-equipped barge.

I read that build quality was much improved over the last model (it had to be) and is allegedly up to German standards.

M

·
0 Posts
I think it's quite handsome, but of the French marques the C5 is still the finest looking.

If the 508 is built like the C5, which it should be, then it will be a fine car. The 407 actually fell 'behind' the build quality of the 406.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Massive improvement on recent offerings.

Actually quite a handsome car and it is many many years since you could say that about a Peugeot.

Maybe we have seen the last of those gurning monstrosities Peugeot have been so fond of recently?

B

·
0 Posts
I quite like this. Not massively exciting but what mainstream saloon is, apart from the 159?

As to the RCZ: I love it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
It can't be worse than the 407, we ran them at work for a while and they were the most unreliable pieces of junk ever, the 406 was much better in this respect.

I couldn't bring myself to buy a Peugeot ever, 205 GTi excepted. Buying a brand new 508 is a sure fire way to lose at the depreciation game imo.

J

·
0 Posts
in a couple of years time i can see them being on fleet as taxis, especially having suffered the bulk of the depreciation.

I'm not sure i would have one, i prefer hatch/estates myself, but they look to be brimming with toys

·
Registered
776 Posts
Peugeot seem to have lost their way in the styling dept, rcz excepted and even that is a TT copy. I had a 207 back in the day. God was it boring!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I like it & the 407 Coupe:)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Yup, my neighbour now has his and I have to be honest, styling wise it is very bland, it doesn't do a great deal for me. He had the 2.7 Diseasel Auto 407 so not sure what engine this one has, I'll ask him after he's had a it a week or so and see what he thinks.

He was quite happy with the fact it has rear, front and side proximity sensors though :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts