Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how to get at the second battery terminal without dismantling the car, its tucked right under the front bulkhead.

Im supposed to be using this car later this week and the battery is dead as its been stood for about 6 weeks.

http://motoringjourno.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/5008-engine.jpg << piccie, battery on right.

The manual says to charge using both terminals or to remove the fuse and relay box to remove the battery which looks a proper faff.

Any tips?

Cheers

Sean

·
Registered
35,747 Posts
I just had a proper faff with my wife's Multipla battery . Broke the retaining strap bolt on the tray removing it to charge. Somebody left the interior light on....

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just had a proper faff with my wife's Multipla battery . Broke the retaining strap bolt on the tray removing it to charge. Somebody left the interior light on....
think i'm gonna wear a dark shirt tomorrow, nobody seems the slightest bit interested at work in getting someone in to sort it out :(

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no idea, like I said, general disinterest at work hence its sat outside for weeks taking up prime parking space.

If I can't sort it I'll use my AA cover to get it running then drive it for the rest of the week.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Which terminal can't you get at?

If its the negative then just earth it to the block

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wont one of them ciggy lighter to ciggy lighter things works just to jump start it
Doubtful, we tried jump starting it off someones car but it didnt have the amps, and I couldnt find the battery in my X3, its hidden somewhere in the boot.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Just as well you couldn't find your own. Modern cars do not take kindly to being used as a jump-starter. However, Argos/Halfrauds will sell a small jump-start kit with a portable battery and jumpleads for less than £20. This will start anything once it's charged, and you can hold on to it yourself for emergencies

1 - 10 of 10 Posts