Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, it's in French...

To summarize: both cars look nice, but the Brera has a more original design; the 407 is more habitable and wins in terms of perceived quality; the Brera feels notably faster and sportier (~8s vs ~6s 0-62mph) even though it's a bit heavier; the Brera is more agile thanks to its AWD; the Brera wins overall for being more fun to drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_8iD86fBuE

·
Registered
46 Posts
My dad currently has a 407 as a hire car, some nice features however the interior is typical french poor quality.

I dont think the 407 comes close to the Brera in any department period.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
No contest really IMHO, - but I would say that! thanks for sharing though

N

·
0 Posts
The programme is Turbo from M6.

This type of head-to-head comparison
was actually illegal until a few years ago.

They've a long way to go until it's up to TG
standard, but it has improved over the years.

Anyway, the 407 is unusable due to it's nasty cluttered
console.:p

B

·
0 Posts
:( A rather sad comparison really.

:p The 407 coupe is a fairly predictable offshoot of the mass volume saloon.....nowt wrong with that,and a perfectly good car in my eyes.

:eek: The Brera concept shown at Goodwood was a real stunner and I spent about 20 minutes having a gander at it.The production version is rather different, and somewhat sadly barely warrants a second glance on the road.

:confused: It doesn't bode well for Alfa if their "special" models are compared to stuff the French were guaranteed to produce anyway,does it?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldn't say the comparison doesn't bode well for Alfa. The journalist mentions both cars are coupes in a similar price range but that they clearly don't have the same purpose: the Peugeot is seen as a more practical and slower car, while the Alfa is seen as a sportier and more charming coupe. So the image de marque is still there. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts