Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine. Have longed for one for many years but never quite been in the position to buy one

The recent thread in the cool wall on the 106 Rallye kicked off the obligatory hunt on Autotrader and this one caught my attention

Peugeot 106 1.6 16V GTI 3DR FSH 1 F/KEEPER 6M P&L WRTY

Just been for a quick nosey at it. It looks alright, couple of points though. The screen price is £2695, the wheels look to have been painted with stonechip and are starting to peel/flake quite badly, the boot has been de-badged and de-locked, the rear wiper is missing and the blanking plate is half broken, the brakes either need a good hammering or replacing - all surface rusted, the drivers seat is starting to show signs of wear on the side bolster, the front is fairly peppered with stone chips and the bonnet is a slightly darker shade of navy blue

Reckon i can get him down to £1500?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Only one thing that's a bit of pain with those. Offset pedals, same as the Saxo VTR/VTS

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Well he says its un molesterd but

Wheels are wrong colour
It's de licked and wipered

To me that is not unmolesterd

·
Registered
37,742 Posts
It's 25% of a Trev based on the screen price. Hang on, no. I remember 'something diesely' and that fits, dunnit?

C'mon Gaz, get your ducks in a row matey! :tut:

·
63,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All light cosmetics, i can deal with that. Its been lightly molested very badly too, what has been done is a poor job

Its something i would return to and keep standard. Not sure how i would re-lock it though

·
63,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's 25% of a Trev based on the screen price. Hang on, no. I remember 'something diesely' and that fits, dunnit?

C'mon Gaz, get your ducks in a row matey! :tut:
I can live with a 40mpg petrol. The TVR will happen at some point but its far away at the minute

·
63,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im too old for stripped out and raucous :eek:

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts

·
63,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont want another Alfa if im honest. Except maybe a Brera

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
Ah thats fair enough, I was offering suggestions on the basis of it being purely a commuter car, which would be cheap to buy, cheap to keep on the road and return good fuel economy, with enough performance and comfort to not annoy you. But if you're looking to buy a car you actually want to own which must also be suitable for commuting then its a whole different ballgame, if you want a fast small Peugeot you probably won't get much better than a 106 GTI, its like a more modern & sensible 205.

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
The 1.5 turbodiesel version is a handy car too especially when its been fiddled around with.

·
63,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah cheers Dan :)

I do want something that i can enjoy at the same time. The 145 is a good car for it really but the gearing is a bit short

Saying that im hoping i wont be there for very long, still got a few applications in for more local jobs

1 - 20 of 43 Posts