Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,017 Posts
People who don't own or haven't driven Alfas probably don't understand why they feature so heavily on these great petrolhead sites
:thumbs:

G

·
:thumbs:

Just drove the 1750 for the second longish run today and I get it. Just a sheer delight. Although I am still getting used to a lot of the noises she makes (not sure whether to worry or just accept them...) and haven't got the hang of cold starting!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If its been standing for more that about 2 week I always start my 1750 with a dose of diesel start help into the air filter, 2 or 3 japs on the speeder and it starts but still needs a few more japs for running evenly.
After a winter lay up I start by taking the plugs out, drip a little oil into the cylinders, connect the battery and a booster and turn the engine over a few times till I get oil pressure reading. Fit the plugs and does as above and it usually starts right away.
I gets a bit envy looking at that Aussie Spider, same model, colour and so, but mine got some evidence of 10 years use (and a little bubbling at the rear wheel arches, no rust not an Alfa ;)).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts