Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving about 20 miles on a motorway yesterday on 3/4 of a tank of fuel. Fuel guage only moved a bit :) thet when i started the car again my fuel guage was under 1 notch and the petrol light was on. Im just wondering if my car has something wrong with it and is using lots of fuel or just the fuel guage is sticking or something.

Cheers
Alan

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Same here. I keep an eye on the trip mileage. My gauge is only any good as decoration, and I certainly wouldnt be confident relying on the reading.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi Alan,
Welcome to the crazy world of Alfa fuel guages!
The guage in my 156 is really just used as a 'rough guide'!
If I park on a slight right hand camber with the fuel guage reading about 3 quarters full, I can find it drops to around quarter full when I restart later! :confused:
Funny enough, the guage in my old 164 wasn't anywhere near as bad!

·
Registered
568 Posts
LOL Alan, I told you that you would enjoy driving your Alfa. Never a dull moment. Good job theres no talking board computer it would be arguing with itself.:lol:

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
nothing new !! the 104 Starfighter showed 1/8 of a tank (400 pounds) and it flamed out when turning in the
parking place !!!
keep an eye on the odometer... thats reliable (more or less)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah you were right about the selespeed been great to drive. Had it on alfa diag yesterday as it was flashing on the gears display on gear 1 and 2. its gone now after Norman done something but he was saying my ECU might be on its way out which will be expencive :(

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Same here. I keep an eye on the trip mileage. My gauge is only any good as decoration, and I certainly wouldnt be confident relying on the reading.
same here, i only keep an eye on the average mpg, or maybe i shall say the average consumption km per Litre combined average consumption + trip milage i do the math. When full, good days :cool: cover up to 570-590Km, bad days :( , usually trips with my girlfriend, get me around low 600s [moaning after 5000rpm or 80mph] thats with a 1.6

i spend a lot on her so she tries to save me money on fuel ? :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts