Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out alfawolf76, what new 147 shall i buy, for a Diesel versus Petrol debate, looks
like the petrol engine is taking a bit of a hammering.:wow:

V

·
0 Posts
so what, you thought lets throw more petrol ;) on the fire by starting this thread

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
I'm getting the popcorn and a lounge chair :D

P

·
0 Posts
its come here, again, because support for the opinion that everything other than a TS engine, isn't Alfa Romeo, never materialised.

read the thread that wolf started and you'll get the jist of it...

·
Registered
37,526 Posts
I would consider LPG, however a kit costs around £1500 fitted.

I think you would need to do around 30,000 miles to break even (on a TS). For me that would be about 5 years, and by then the rest of the car will have rusted away.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
I would consider LPG, however a kit costs around £1500 fitted.

I think you would need to do around 30,000 miles to break even (on a TS). For me that would be about 5 years, and by then the rest of the car will have rusted away.
also break lambdas ,cats and if they blow back plenum and all back to air filter box so thats out :cheese:

N

·
0 Posts
Nope, I hate the extra filler cap. I am considering E85 though
Evil stuff.

Less power.

Results in chopped down rains forests
and takes affordable food off poor people's plates and puts it into fuel tanks instead. :tut:

;)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
:lol: It puts affordable fuel in my tank though.... It decreases mpg by around 10% (about 2 mpg in my case) but is currently around 30 cents per litre cheaper. I have to factor in the significant cost of a remap (£440) and bigger injectors (£400?). I'm waiting to hear back from another forum member before I do anything.
My old Sierra loved the stuff, I used to put in 10 litres of petrol and brim the tank with E85 and it ran perfectly.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts