Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to fill the car up with it's diet of v -power this morning, not all the pump's were took up and i always position my car so somebody can get at the side of me,but a van decide's to pull along my passenger side to diesel up:eek:
It was not your usual builder's type van ,but the way he parked he could not hardly open is door now I'm thinking my door is going to get knocked, he won't even look at me when he gets out with a squeeze then what doe's he do brush's along side my car,:mad: so i refrain from saying anything because of my temper,i had a quick glance as i walked back to my car after paying he's still filling up now, i feel embarrassed to check paintwork properly and i would have had to pull out anyway:rant:
Due to being parranoid now, i pulled up the road to check my bodywork half inch scratch on my door in the middle :mad: has he done it or as something else it was not there yesterday i'm ****ed off.
He could have gone to another pump there was diesel available.
Not having ago at van driver's btw.
Trouble is you can easily see mark's on my car due to the colour, also i rubbed my finger over the scratch and it feel's if something metal as done it i'm thinking zips:rant: .

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Never mind us 'oldies' needing care in the community. The community needs to learn care itself! I reckon, the opening and closing of doors should be a basic of The Highway Code, practicals. If that is a difficult operation to come to terms with, driving must be simple? Drives you mad mate! Hope you can polish the damage out without too much trouble.:(

·
Registered
910 Posts
dont even start me on this one :mad: :mad: i will not even go shopping now its done on the net now :mad: it was only a matter of time before i ended up in court for gbh ,:mad: the last staw came when i was at tescos and had about 6o bays around my car that wasnt used , so what did i came back to a fella and his wife right next to my car with his drivers door on my front wing :rant: :rant: :rant: i went mad the couple looked at each other like i was mad they couldn,t see what the problem was so thats it now:rant: if i go to a shopping center now i but a childs seat in the back and park in the family bays ,i know thats wrong but so what, my car stays in the condition i want it in.:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
alfatwice - nice idea with the child seat...
personally I have taken to parking seemingly badly, albeit on purpose.
One too many dinged doors. Now i just park over the line and take up 1.5 spaces... f'em all. At least my bodywork is not getting bashed and scratched.

·
Registered
662 Posts
the worst offender to my paintwork is my girlfriend, she just seems incapable of opening her door without hitting something and as a result the edge of the red door is almost completely white :( really drives me silly, i even made a big song and dance about having it touched up by a pro and how much it cost me and still she does it every single time. i have to park miles from anything to stop her from ruining my car :(

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Must admit mate, my Dearest' is a bit short in the 'co-ordinates' dept! Told her this morning, if ever she had had to do Mills 36 grenade practice, she'd have had the whole squad running for cover! Honestly think she too has a major problem with doors! Apologise for the MoD bit, made her think, I think?:)

M

·
0 Posts
the worst offender to my paintwork is my girlfriend, she just seems incapable of opening her door without hitting something and as a result the edge of the red door is almost completely white :( really drives me silly, i even made a big song and dance about having it touched up by a pro and how much it cost me and still she does it every single time. i have to park miles from anything to stop her from ruining my car :(
Time for a change...

·
Registered
844 Posts
Parked in Sainsbury's about four days ago. Sour faced dingy old couple parked really close to me. I could see the old bint was going to have to open really wide, her door that is, take a good five minutes getting out and scraping my 166 at least five times in the process. So, I looked her straight in the eye, and put on my widest simpleton's smile, raising the left eyebrow and dropping it as if to say "How about it then?". They looked at each other, exchanged a few quite words and gently reversed out and drove away. People react very strangely when they think you are deranged. Now I use my wife's 145 for shopping.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think it's jealousy of a nice clean car or do you think some people are pure ignorant ,what doe's me is i work hard for my car and thing's i want i only use the car at the end of the week, some people just don't care it look's like where all in the same boat .
They should divide carpark's in to section's people who love there car's area and an area where you can ding each other's cars.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,226 Posts
lol, love the idea of separate 'Love my car/couldn't give two hoots' parking bays.

Used to work with a bloke who was incapable*. Sorry, he was also incapable of opening the passenger door without hitting the car next to him. Resorted to banning him entering or leaving the car until it was clear of the parking bay. I found it ridiculous that a 41 year old man could not open the damn door without hitting someone else's. I couldn't careless about the Polo's doors, I was miffed that he was hitting the car next to me. I'm conscious that a lot of people love their cars. Once - pre ban - when he hit a 147, I growled at him and he said (get this) that the lack of a protective rubbing strip on the 147 was a 'design flaw'. I never held back with insulting this guy, so knowing that he'd never understand should I try to explain the 147's deliberate use of bold, uniterrupted surfaces, I responsed with: "It's only a design flaw if you're a moron."

* I know that was a cheap joke, but the bloke was a complete and utter burk.

g

·
Registered
785 Posts
Must admit I'm paranoid about car parks esp supermarkets and that's why I hit Tesco late at night when the car park is nearly deserted. Have still picked up a minor ding to the doors over time.

S

·
0 Posts
It's because some people have been looking down their noses for so long that they have lost all depth perception.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
On Wednesday some drug rep' parked her Vectra right next to my GTV, amazingly she managed to get out without hitting my car, although later on I did notice a scratch :mad: Someone with a red Audi TT convertible keeps on parking next to me, and I now have a dent with a fleck of red paint next to it :cry:

·
Registered
218 Posts
every supermarket carpark should have a whipping post and stocks for these idiots who seem unable to open their doors without damaging someone's car!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I always park at the far end of the car park in supermarkets out of the way and usually in the end bays so only 1 other person can park next to me, as most people always want to be as close to the doors as possible. Same at work too park out of the way at the back of the car park where people can't be arsed to walk from!!

People these days just don't seem to have any respect for others and their possesions, I hate ignorance and lack of respect from others.

·
Registered
662 Posts
as i work for the NHS I have disabled parking badges for my car and disabled bays have a large area either side of them for getting wheelchairs etc out through the side, i havent used it unless i actually have a resident in the car but it has been very tempting...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Personally I blame the profit chasing [email protected]@dy supermarket. :rant: If they had car sized parking bays instead of tiny slots then there'd be room to open doors. I mean, you get back to your car with a full trolley and find someone parked (sensibly) on both sides of your car. How the **** do you get past your and their cars without a rubber trolley ffs:mad: Then you've got to get out of the car park without some moron reversing out of his little slot without looking:mad: :mad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts