Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
:mad: Yep ripped off by Brown and Darling's duty and tax :mad: ripped off by the oil companies, have you seen the amount of PROFIT these oil companies make every second :eek: not turnover PROFIT it's obscene :rant:

G

·
0 Posts
Bad news for the economy and people who have to commute. I am about to start my 3rd year at uni which is 30 miles away. Being a student my budget is pretty tight anyways and this just makes things even worse. More money spent on fuel means less money spent elsewhere to boost the economy. Jeremy Clarkson is talking sense when he says we are being governed by idiots.

K

·
0 Posts
That’s three duty rises in nine months! Plus it will go up again when vat is put back to 17.5%! Oh and they have restarted the fuel duty escalator so expect more duty rises on an ever more regular basis.:mad:

But hay what do they care! none of them drive (if they do they will be claiming it on expenses) and certainly are not counting every pound. The motorist is an all to easy target and they know it.

I feel a mutiny come on!!:mad::mad:

S

·
0 Posts
Maybe guyfolks had the right idea in blowing up the house parliament back in the day!!! :eek:

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Bad news for the economy and people who have to commute. I am about to start my 3rd year at uni which is 30 miles away. Being a student my budget is pretty tight anyways and this just makes things even worse. More money spent on fuel means less money spent elsewhere to boost the economy. Jeremy Clarkson is talking sense when he says we are being governed by idiots.
How can you possibly complain when you own a brand new MiTo?? :cheese: Bloody students. :lol:

This affects everyone so everyone will be paying more into the economy helping to boost it. It may have a knock on effect to consumer spending though.

V

·
0 Posts
FFS its a couple of pence a litre

so for a full tank thats an extra £1.20 boo hoo

most on here claim to use shell v power or equivalent anyway so maybe you should go back to normal petrol and it will be 8p a litre cheaper

·
Banned
4,522 Posts

most on here claim to use shell v power or equivalent anyway so maybe you should go back to normal petrol and it will be 8p a litre cheaper
:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
37,151 Posts

A couple of pence isn't much for most people, but for others it could mean the difference between making ends meet or not.

Plus there is a principal at stake. The government has well and truely cocked up the countries finances, now they are expecting us to pay to sort it out.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
A couple of pence isn't much for most people, but for others it could mean the difference between making ends meet or not.

Plus there is a principal at stake. The government has well and truely cocked up the countries finances, now they are expecting us to pay to sort it out.
I'm sick to death of hearing this crap.

It's like a broken record.

How many other countries are up **** creek too?? People forget about the rest of the world and the knock on effect it brings.

Yeah, that £1.20 has done it for me!!! Next time I but petrol I wont be able to buy that bottle of ribena I usually get.

V

·
0 Posts
i really dont think £1.20 or so a week is going to break anyones bank and if it seriously is then maybe they should consider downgrading their car to something more affordable.

i dont mean to offend anyone on a tight budget, i know some people are struggling right now but really 1.20 is such a small amount is it really noticable

G

·
0 Posts
How can you possibly complain when you own a brand new MiTo?? :cheese: Bloody students. :lol:

This affects everyone so everyone will be paying more into the economy helping to boost it. It may have a knock on effect to consumer spending though.
Haha Lol I had no choice, my other car sort of blew up and i needed a car for uni and i couldn't afford to buy a decent 2nd hand one so i got one on finance. No complaints whatsoever about the MiTo, its miles ahead of any other hatch on the market, even the Mini with which its competing. Its much better looking than the Mini, the boot is twice as big, the interior is bigger and a more pleasant place to be, the seats are like no other and the mini is way too common and bland :lol:

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
i really dont think £1.20 or so a week is going to break anyones bank and if it seriously is then maybe they should consider downgrading their car to something more affordable.

i dont mean to offend anyone on a tight budget, i know some people are struggling right now but really 1.20 is such a small amount is it really noticable
£1.20 a week is £62.40 a year.

If your road tax or insurance went up by that amount then I am sure you wouldn't be impressed.

£1.20 isn't much, but with that some people could buy a can of special brew. :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
I think Symon and G5een are on the same point, in a way. There will be substantial rises in personal taxation whoever wins next time.

And whoever applied Nev's jar of lubricant to the economy, applied it certainly was. On the end of a very large stick! Whoever's fault it was (and I personally think Brown is strongly tainted by the banking fiasco and its fallout, as is the credibility of Alex "Arc of Bankruptcy" Salmond further north, although other factors were at play as well) it needs paying for.

K

·
0 Posts
Oil companies are theiving *******s as well as HMT. They'll put the price up tonight but the duty on that fuel will have been paid weeks ago. When they know there's an increase coming they usually pay duty on excessive amounts to delay the effect of the increase. They put the price up and take 2p a litre extra profit.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
It's the thin end of a very insidious wedge.

Revolution. Now.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Oil companies are theiving *******s as well as HMT. They'll put the price up tonight but the duty on that fuel will have been paid weeks ago. When they know there's an increase coming they usually pay duty on excessive amounts to delay the effect of the increase. They put the price up and take 2p a litre extra profit.
They've got their heads screwed on then!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts