Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I filled my 156 up as much as i could and the gauge never even hit the full mark. Is that normal for the 156's ?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
My 147 is similar, I have to fill up the majority of the filler neck before it reads full, probably a poor venting tank, once it's on the full mark, it doesn't budge until about 70 miles later

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Doesn't normally for me, but it happened the other day. It was 75% on the dial after brimming, and I restarted the car a few times to see if it would reset but it didn't. Crept up to full slowly over time. I didn't see what the infocentre reported.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the replies. i was starting to wonder if it leaked out somewhere but it has stayed just ovver 3/4 full since i filled up and i've done quite a few trips since.

·
Registered
30,071 Posts
Mine did it when I started using Shell Optimax.
As soon as I stopped using Optimax the gauge worked properly again and has been fine ever since.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine reads low if its parked with the nose down hill and high if pointing up hill. Someone said to make sure I fill it before the needle gets to empty - i managed to get it way below empty - somewhat nervously!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts