Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am i the only one who feels like a bit of a diddy fiddling around with keys at the petrol station? Would be much happier if it was a little button on the door as it is on most modern cars.

Instead my keys dangle on the paintwork and i hate it! As if it doesnt have problems chip already...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like getting off and opening the cap myself. It also gives me an excuse to look at the car while the pump attendant is doing his thing. Also I don't have any keys on my car key so there is no chance of scratching. If Alfa put a button in they would probably have done it on the left hand side like the bonnet release!!! Then where would you be? :p

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find it awkward to open too, my hand barely fits in the little hole to turn the key!

Fair enough about the bonnet open thing though.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I find it awkward to open too, my hand barely fits in the little hole to turn the key!
Thankfully I've got small hands :)

But it's things like this that give the car its character... and I'd rather they get the
styling right! There are plenty of boring but functional cars for those who just don't
'get' the Alfa thing :inlove:

Chris

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankfully I've got small hands :)

But it's things like this that give the car its character... and I'd rather they get the
styling right! There are plenty of boring but functional cars for those who just don't
'get' the Alfa thing :inlove:

Chris

A small hole for the petrol cap adds character? What planet are u living on?

Get the stying right?!! Ur aware that the hole we're talking about is under a flap and therefore would have no effect whatsoever on the styling?

And regarding your comment on people 'not getting it', what is 'it'?! Do you think alfa specifically designed the petrol opening like that so that it would be different from other cars?! 'Lets make it hard to put petrol in our cars, audi dont do that!'

Boring but functional? Id say getting petrol in it is pretty fundamental...

Im sorry mate i get the whole alfas are different thing and accept them as is etc etc but what u are saying is complete and utter nonsense. Theres a difference between sub standard build quality and putting in sub par designs on PURPOSE to give the car 'character', you're way off course my friend.

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
Considering my GTV has a "button" to pop the cover and a simple screw cap under it :lol:

My 155 I had to insert the key into the cap under the flap.

And my 33 had no flap, just a cap waiting for a key.

Personally I prefer the button release, most people can't spot it anyway even though it's right under their nose! ;)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Dont find it that difficult to be honest, one finger of left hand to hold cap still, insert key with right and keep turning until it comes out... then hang it on the hook on the flap - doesnt touch the paintwork then.

Key is better than button/lever etc imho.

GK

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Get one of these, makes it sooooo much easier at the petrol pumps where I find myself :lol:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Get one of these, makes it sooooo much easier at the petrol pumps where I find myself :lol:
Very nice! I prefer a locking fuel cap just incase some moron decides to drain my tank.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know where to get a locking fuel cap that would fit in the mito/grande punto? Halfrauds dont sell a suitable one :(

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
Well to get to that they'd either have to break into the car to release the flap or break the flap open. If they're going to go that far, they'd do the same to a locking one. If they want it, they'll take it simple :)

The way I have heard fuel being taken these days is to drill a hole in the bottom of the plastic tank!

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
:eek: Nooo :tut: You can't fit a petrol cap upside down ffs :cry:
Next tome I attach it I'll make sure it's up right :D

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
1 - 20 of 83 Posts