Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the engine choices out there? Is the QV a trim spec or does it denote engine size? I love the Stromboli grey with black wheels and twin pipes, she might not want to go for the top spec due to cost though.

Any other general advice on buying Giuliettas? Cheers!

·
Administrator
88,035 Posts
The QV was a 1750TBi only, the QV Line was a trim level. Is she buying new or used ? The new cars have new names for the trim levels.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Does she like autos? If not she might not like a post facelift qv , is it's auto only

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Buying new, not a fan of autos. I find the website confusing when trying to decide which engine is most suitable.

Edit- just had another look not much choice for manuals. Cant get the 240bhp, 170bhp and 175bhp in manual. Most you can get is 150bhp.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Buying new, not a fan of autos. I find the website confusing when trying to decide which engine is most suitable.

Edit- just had another look not much choice for manuals. Cant get the 240bhp, 170bhp and 175bhp in manual. Most you can get is 150bhp.
The engine choices in the 2016 Giulietta are:

Petrol
1.4 TB 120bhp - Manual only
1.4 TB 'MultiAir' 150bhp - Manual only
1.4 TB 'MultiAir' 170bhp - Auto only
1.7 TBi 240bhp - Auto only (only available in the Veloce spec, formerly QV/Cloverleaf)

Diesel
1.6 JTDm 120bhp - Manual or Auto
2.0 JTDm 150bhp - Manual only
2.0 JTDm 175bhp - Auto only

All manuals are 6 speed, auto's are Twin Clutch 'TCT's. If you want a more powerful manual than what is currently available, the previous models included manual versions of the 1.4 TB 'MultiAir' 170bhp. That has only changed to auto only with the recent facelift. The original Cloverleaf model was also manual (1.7 TBi 235bhp), but changed to auto-only with the 2014 facelift. Both other petrols (120 & 150 bhp) have always been manual only in the Giulietta.

The diesels also had 2.0 JTDm 140 & 170bhp manuals in the original 2010 Giulietta, but these were changed to 150bhp manual or 175bhp auto with the 2014 facelift. The 1.6 JTDm was a 105 bhp manual to start with but changed just before the 2016 facelift to 120bhp manual, now they've added the auto option too.

Even though 150bhp doesn't sound like much, Fiat/Alfa engines usually punch above their weight and feel more powerful than they are, so I doubt you'd feel short changed, even with the entry 1.6 JTDm engine. Many reviews say it's so good that it negates the need for spending the extra on the 2.0 unit. I suspect the 150bhp MultiAir engine would be equally as good and even the entry 120bhp petrol is no slouch. However, if you want twin exhausts you'll need the 1.7 petrol 'Veloce' or the 2.0 JTDm diesels.

·
Registered
38,679 Posts
Get a 150bhp Diesel or Petrol with manual gearbox and then invest in a good remap.

You should get around 200bhp with either of them.

If you cannot get a remap for warranty reasons get a decent tuning box and remove it for dealer visits.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The new 150 bhp manual is a downtuned 170 and can indeed be remapped towards 195/200 bhp.

Shame that the QV now only comes as TCT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts