Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people do not understand the concept of personal space :( There I was stood in line to pay for the paper and get a lottery ticket when some bloke stands behind me, although he was doing his best to take up the same space as me he was that close ! :tut: I inch forward a little to get a bit of space and he follows like a lamb after its mother :headbang: When I went to get change from my back pocket I almost punched him in the danglies :eek: You're not getting to the till any faster standing there ! back up you smelly old basket ! :rant:

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Great rant Sir.

I understand TOTALLY where you are coming from here, ADF! I loathe it when people get too close... I actually shudder. I always smell divine, but not everyone does, of course. I braved the crowds earlier to get most of my presents in one fell swoop, and luckily this didn't happen :) When it does......eeeeew!

M

·
0 Posts
With you on this one!
I get this a lot at work....sometimes I take a step back..and they take a step forwards!.....bugger off out of my face will you!!

It's the same whenever I'm looking through the stock list at potential cars for a customer....they get so close and try to read the list.
Now....
A: I don't want you being that close to my face thankyou very much....I've not know you for more than 2 minutes, and....
B: I don't want you looking at the 'stand in values' of the stock!!:mad:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
I hate it too, but always say something...

*shuffles closer to ADF*

:elaugh:

K

·
0 Posts
I was in a hostelry yesterday afternoon. Whilst I stood at the bar ordering a round I got a text from 'er indoors. I read it then started tapping out a reply. As I did I became aware that the bloke on my left was reading my message and actually leaning in so that his melon was between me and the phone.

I tapped him on the shoulder and he looked at me as if to say "What?"

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i hate the tools who have to stand 3mm away from you in a queue. pulco's response - big theatrical yawn complete with big backward arm stretch, elbows first. if they're paying attention, they have to step back. if they're not then BOSH! elbow in the chops :thumbs:

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate it too, but always say something...

*shuffles closer to ADF*

:elaugh:
I thought of saying something but "*** off and give me some room" might have been taken the wrong way :lol:

Come to think of it......I DID say something last week in the Tesco queue (Hubby told me to shush but I didn't) :lol:
It's different for girls, you can get away with stuff that would get me a broken nose :eek: :lol:

I hate this too, you'd thought they were attached they get that close :(
He was trying to wear my jacket !

I hate space invaders too.

People who stand really close when talking to you annoy me as well.
Eat garlic and breathe on them ;) :lol:

I was in a hostelry yesterday afternoon. Whilst I stood at the bar ordering a round I got a text from 'er indoors. I read it then started tapping out a reply. As I did I became aware that the bloke on my left was reading my message and actually leaning in so that his melon was between me and the phone.

I tapped him on the shoulder and he looked at me as if to say "What?"
:thumbs:

some people are so rude it makes you want to insert things where they shouldn't be :mad: :eek:

i hate the tools who have to stand 3mm away from you in a queue. pulco's response - big theatrical yawn complete with big backward arm stretch, elbows first. if they're paying attention, they have to step back. if they're not then BOSH! elbow in the chops :thumbs:
I do have sharp elbows, give someone a lovely shiner if used in anger :D

I thought if it happens again I might say something like this; "I don't remember our date ? ... anyone who stands this close to me must have bought me dinner and a drink at some point" :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
If people get too close in the supermarket queue I tend to go into slow-mo mode. It's quite amazing how long it can take to pay for two loaves of bread and put them in a bag. Leaning back into people can be fun too if you're a big fat get like me.

D

·
0 Posts
This wrecks my head too and it's always the weird kinda child molesting looking people that do this. I just general pretend to fumble getting my wallet outta my pocket and elbow them as hard as I can the fools generally get back from you when you do that or step on their feet is another good one. I cannot stand weirdos like that.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Arm length ish :D

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Do they know that :confused:

It's quite arbitrary and differs from people to people.
I think it also varies depending on who is standing too
close. If it was Raquel Welch she couldn't stand close
enough :D Or Catherine Deneuve :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts