Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
We must be the the laughing stock of europe.:rant: :rant:
After all the Gov`s, pledges, whoops, sorry pol##### .
I feel better about being a bit of a luddite now,Would take alot of filing cabinets to hold all that data, Would be hard to misslay.
Though in truth its not a funny matter.
John the luddite.:(

E

·
0 Posts
Its mind-bogglingly crap. Even if the consequences of it happening don;t turn out ot be serious in a criminal sense, there's the prospect oflots of tedious effort to try and straighten it all out.

As if there isn't enough of that malarkey already in daily life.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To think some thieving little chav could be using my personal info as a drinks mat!:rant: :cry:

Do we blame the government, the civil service or TNT over this blunder? How much more of our personal info is floating around in unregistered post, CDs and memory sticks just waiting to end up lying in the street or left on a bus for anyone to find??:rant:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I just got home from work to hear this on the BBC news and I for one am absolutely disgusted at this huge display of incompetence. 25 million records??!! All held upon just two CD's. And apparently sent by internal mail with being recorded or registered. Some one, or possibly more than just one, is in a position to be held accountable here :rant:

N

·
0 Posts
Why the surprise?

uk.gov knows fvck all about IT.
That's why they keep spending
billions on systems that don't work.

How easy would it be to install a PGP
virtual drive on these laptops?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,305 Posts
I heard it on the news driving home from work. What a load of numpties. They keep telling us about identity fraud and what do they go and do

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
No secure networks then for transferring data?
These unemployable ex teachers who are now government ministers have always been mug punters. No idea how the big industrial world works. Blinded by big money, no integrity at all.
I see the chief of Customs and revenue has resigned.

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Well I never did!:(:That such a thing could ever happen in this modern age of advanced technology. I don't believe it. :(: Next?:D

V

·
0 Posts
Don't forget guys, if anyone gets an email in a 'Nigerian accent' requesting your National Insurance details so that they can be 'checked with the National Register', don't reply to it! :rolleyes:

V

·
0 Posts
Why the surprise?

uk.gov knows fvck all about IT.
That's why they keep spending
billions on systems that don't work.

How easy would it be to install a PGP
virtual drive on these laptops?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
They know **** all about running the NHS or the Education System either, but they know some very expensive Consultants who (supposedly) do! :rolleyes: Fecking eedjits! :rant:

N

·
0 Posts
Still, Secure smart ID cards with solve
this kind of problems!

... err... ummm... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Need ID chips stuck in the back of our skulls eventually. Suppose they would be 'zappable' I'm you, Your him, they are us. Sort it, highly paid intellectuals, or are we all floundering in a morass of electronic mire?:D

R

·
0 Posts
Good old Labour, expect another couple of million people on the ferry over here with the names Smith and jones, one day you will come home to find its occupied with someone claiming to be you. What a bunch of useless [email protected] :2:

N

·
0 Posts
Good old Labour, expect another couple of million people on the ferry over here with the names Smith and jones, one day you will come home to find its occupied with someone claiming to be you. What a bunch of useless [email protected] :2:
They're all the same. It's the Whitehall dicks
who spec/tender/implement these shoddy
systems. (We can't even vote those ****ers out! :()

Who the hell transfers large amounts
of confidential data by sending it unencrypted via
a courier!? Morons

R

·
0 Posts
They're all the same. It's the Whitehall dicks
who spec/tender/implement these shoddy
systems. (We can't even vote those ****ers out! :()

Who the hell transfers large amounts
of confidential data by sending it unencrypted via
a courier!? Morons
I fear we are being ruled by the criminally insane, unfortunately as you say we cant even vote them out :(

1 - 20 of 112 Posts