Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the debate rages on about the best tyres for the Ti so thought I'd upset everyone and potentially start it all over again based on personal experince of the last 12 months. Ive just re ordered another 2x 245 40 19 Uniroyal Rainsport3 tyres for my wife's 170 jtdm Ti to replace the 2 that have been on the front wheels total cost £212 delivered. Being the saddo ( wife's expression) that I am, Ive just checked the mileage when i put the first 2 on the fronts and realised the car has done just over 15k miles on them. To be honest we dont drive it like its stolen, but we dont drive like Miss Daisey either and the cars not re mapped (other than EGR deletion) but none the less I'm over the moon. Although the inner edges have worn a bit prior to upgrading to powerflex bushes there's still 2mm+ over the width of the tyre.

Just thought I'd share

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Saw this as I had looked at your 159 vs BMW selling thread.
That is pretty impressive to see. I have had Rainsports before on my old Peugeot. That ripped through them in about 6000 miles. All be it they were only 195 wide but they were very soft tyres. Fantastic grip but damn did they wear quick. It's impressive to see someone managed that many miles out of them specially in a heavy fronted diesel.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Always Pirelli ;-)

Have Zero Nero now and had on the Brera. As I am not driving very flamboyantly, I can't really comment on anything but sound (a bot noisy, especially with 19") and durability (not great I feel).

To be frank, for winter I have used Nokian WRA3 ("continental winter tyres). Much more durable and less noisy (on 18").

·
Registered
81 Posts
Always Pirelli ;-)

Have Zero Nero now and had on the Brera. As I am not driving very flamboyantly, I can't really comment on anything but sound (a bot noisy, especially with 19") and durability (not great I feel).

To be frank, for winter I have used Nokian WRA3 ("continental winter tyres). Much more durable and less noisy (on 18").
All I know is that on Nankangs in the wet I over-steered and under-steered on roundabouts and now on Pirelli Nero Zero's I don't

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,576 Posts
I have used rainsport 3 on the Brera, switching front to back I got 20K out of a set. I do find I get better miles out of tyres on the Brera and Spider than I used to on the 159.

For the money I dont think you can beat RS 3's

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I'm on P Zero Nero but the GT version (235/40 19). These are a little stiffer than the originals with less give in the sidewalls. On the plus side I know these will absorb pot holes without damaging the rim. Pirelli claim better tyre life and reduced fuel consumption. I'll look at my history but they must be getting 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
My history (new tyres start on the rear and then moved to the front when the fronts are dead)
2 new tyres at 42,150
2 new tyres at 56,245
2 new tyres at 66,585
2 new tyres at 80,412
2 new tyres at 84,197

1 - 8 of 8 Posts