Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recentely fitted a squadra chip to my v6 and beleive it or not i cant tell any difference in torque/power did i have to do anything else other than stick it in so to speak,anybody else found this to be the case?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Presume you are running on Optimax or similiar?

The squadra should give you 15bhp on the V6 (from memory), Speedy has just fitted one and is raving about it.

Perhaps try taking it out and see if there is a difference.

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Nutter you need to be running on optimax or super unleaded to feel the full benefit ;

It feels like a new car much more responsive and revs a lot quicker and easier

Once past 3000 rpm it just goes and goes til you hit the limiter at 7000 rpm +

Suggest you fill up with optimax then
try putting your old chip back in do a run then put the SQUADRA back in and you should feel the difference :D

Ifyou dont then suggest you contact Squadra you might have the wrong chip or a faulty one

But as WRINX said i,m raving about mine it has transformed the performance of my V6 :D :D :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran my car on Optimax for a couple of weeks before fitting the chip. Just to clear all the lines etc.

Marlon

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They reckon 29 for a V6..........all for £400!!! £250 for an extra 10 over the Squadra.

wrinx

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would be wondering how it manages to get such a large increase over the Squadra chip without a dyno mapping session, and a few mods like exhaust & air filter. Does it require a dyno mapping session? I've asked that question on their website - i'll see what the reply is.
- Honkytonk.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They're quoting +17bhp for my girlfriends 1.0 Polo. Seems a bit optimistic for a simple chip change and no other mods.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, i asked about if the chip needed a rolling road session, and asked about the torque versus power increase, and also mentioned my Squadra chip and the differences I noticed after fitting.

This is the reply I received:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To: <[email protected]>

Dear Sir,

You don't know dyno test, but it's normal you feel much the torque than the
power, power doesn't mean lot with chips tuning, you get much more torque.

Don't worry if you felt the torque that mean the modification run good !

Best Regards
Digital-Motors
Chris.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, thats that cleared up then...

Guess they're not an english speaking based company.

So (particularly after hearing the above 17bhp increase on a 1.0L), i'll beleive it when i see it.

- Honkytonk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts