Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am shopping around buying some new pads ready to go on in a few months time, now I was going to go for Ferodo DS2500s as everyone raves about them! BUT!!!

While checking out Autolusso's website I remembered about the Performance Friction Pads for 330 discs :) so I see they are cheaper by like £30...maybe more :)

So I am asking for people's reviews on both before I buy some :)

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its been covered a lot already. do a search. Donal "Trailbraker" even did some telemetry.
Ah cheers for that, for some reason my search was not bringing up many results :confused:

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you know... as in the same thing. Obviously I know theyre not the same thing but I could tell little or no difference from the driving seat meaning you wont be dissappointed with either :)
Oh I see :lol::lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I'm gonna order a few sets myself from there, as I have 2 gtas which I intend to keep for a while I will keep for stock :)

·
Vendor
45,756 Posts
Plus duty & then VAT at 20% on arrival, but yes they are cheap there.

·
Vendor
45,756 Posts
Is it fair to point out that the PF pads had to be warmed up a bit before they really start to work? They're ok at low temps, but don't expect them to be better than standard pads at those temps.

Dunno about the DS.
Yours sound like they need de-glazing, mine work fine from cold even in this weather.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I see that it's suggested to use a better brake fluid if using the PF pads, which kind? i would change the fluid too, but i would like to be sure to get the right one, and avoid one that is too water sensitive...
Also, can the GTA 330 PF pads fit on the 330 of the Spider/Brera?
Thanks,
Ricky

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts
I see that it's suggested to use a better brake fluid if using the PF pads, which kind? i would change the fluid too, but i would like to be sure to get the right one, and avoid one that is too water sensitive...
Also, can the GTA 330 PF pads fit on the 330 of the Spider/Brera?
Thanks,
Ricky
We use ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluid and yes the pads fit the Brera

Ned

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Do the PF pads still have a problem with aggressive black dust or have they been changed. Just curious, no one mentions it any more, the ones I saw a couple of years ago were dreadful.

·
Registered
460 Posts
We use ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluid and yes the pads fit the Brera

Ned
thanks for both Ned.. i just e-mailed Dan as the order was for 305 pads and it seems the 330 were shipped: if the 330 fit on the spider i'd rather keep the "wrong" ones for the spider instead of shipping them back.
I'll check id i can find the brake fluid here, else i'll add it to the 305 shipment :)

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Do the PF pads still have a problem with aggressive black dust or have they been changed. Just curious, no one mentions it any more, the ones I saw a couple of years ago were dreadful.
I think that was the race spec pads. However, I'm still forming an opinion on the road spec pads - I suspect it can be a problem if you don't clean the wheels regularly. The last time I had crud sticking to my alloys like now, was when I last had (albeit race spec) PF pads. It's not as bad, but still noticeable.

The jury is out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts