Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am fitting a set of high lift cams to my 2.0L 16V engine, gas-flowing the head and chip. Due to some teething troubles with my gearbox, this will have to come out so I decided I might as well change the clutch since - correct me if I'm wrong - they are to me a known weakness of our beautiful cars. I would like to find an uprated clutch to fit in order to put my heart (and my wallet) to rest :) ; I've looked around but there seems to be nothing available. I've checked the usual suspects (e.g. AP Racing, Ferodo etc) but they don't seem to cater for 155s.
Anyone got any experience or knows where to find quality gear?

Cheers,

TAZ.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Why not look at lightening the flywheel while you are at it. This will make it rev quicker.

Valeoman (Matt) did it on his 155.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Thomas G,
is the clutch of Lancia Thema 8.32 fit for 2.0TS 8V engine ?
and just use the clutch plate or use the whole set clutch ?

Regards,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if the gearboxes are physically identicel(?) from 8v and 16v.If they are,you will need both the core end plate and the hub,just to be shure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Thomas G & fade2grey

fade2grey :
just buy a 164 clutch plate and fit into the 2.0TS 8V engine gearbox is OK ?

Regards,

·
Registered
715 Posts
I would query this too as the Thema is a Ferrari basically. I would assume it would have a gearbox of equal calibre to the engine (then again it is Fiat!).

Even so, I have investigated Thema 8.32 parts on an old parts CD and they cost a bomb!!! Ferrari prices for a Lancia!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts