Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have just fitted the dimpled and slotted front discs to my GT JTS in conjunction with EBC Green Stuff pads and the results are excellent:thumbs:.
MTEC delivered the discs within 2 days of the order.
Obviously I cant comment on the long term standard of these discs but they seem to be machined very well (and I have seen some pretty ropey discs in the past:()
Overall I am very pleased.:)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have just fitted the dimpled and slotted front discs to my GT JTS in conjunction with EBC Green Stuff pads and the results are excellent:thumbs:.
MTEC delivered the discs within 2 days of the order.
Obviously I cant comment on the long term standard of these discs but they seem to be machined very well (and I have seen some pretty ropey discs in the past:()
Overall I am very pleased.:)
Are the discs a direct replacement or are there spacers etc?

I read a few times that the EBC green stuff pads are not so good in wet conditions. What do you make of them?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cor blimey!!!! You fellas have just knocked me off my stool :) I will have to give Mtec some business after that. They emailed me back (within 90 min of my inquiry) with a price for 4 discs and Mintex Redbox pads £158.30 or discs plus Ferodo Premier pads for £211.24. Gotta be careful I can get it past Missus... Her 96 Toyota Corolla costs her zilch ........ she can't understand why my 156 is not the same.....lmao

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
I'm considering dimpled front discs with Ferodo Performance next time the fronts need replacing, which will be sooner rather than later given the "lip" that's formed on the existing discs.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
I use their cheap discs now .. have done on 4 cars I've had to replace the brakes. Just fancy something different! ;)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have had the black edition disks now about 6 months and they are great! the black coating has lasted and still looks great, I had just the groved disks and the stopping power under heavy breaking is far far better than the stock disks...... We have a long strait road where I live then a steep hill with several 90 deg bends and a main road at the bottom this is over about a mile of road so you can imagine its very easy to cook my brakes but I have had no fade with these at all even though somtime you can smell they have got very hot :p they are great also in the wet and clear the water almost instantly the only thing I would say is they are quite noisy other than that there is no sign of wear after 6 months....... my last new cheap disks lasted about a year!

p.s the rear disks were slightly bigger than the stock and had to undo the caliper from the hub.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Had Mtec black edition drilled and grooved with mintex pads on now for over six months still looks and stops very very well

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Fast road pads and OEM discs FTW!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts