Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2.4 JTD on a 52 plate, question is will it still be covered by the warranty? There are areas that need a bit of attention, the car has only had one owner other than me and I have full history. Just wondered if the warranty transfers with owners and if anyone else had any experience of claiming?

Cheers

T

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I think Alfa's have an 8 year warranty for perforation.

The warranty will only be valid if the car was main dealer serviced on the nail each time (as they will want proof that the body check was carried out each time)

G

·
0 Posts
Make sure the book has the specific bodywork inspection stamps (there should be two I think, there are in the 156 GTA book). Service stamps on their own are no good. If it does not have those stamps, you have little chance of claiming. Even if you do have the stamps, the anti-perforation warranty means there must be holes in the bodywork - a bit of surface rust will not be covered.Read all of this thread to find out all you need to know (and a lot you won't want to know...):

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gta/93876-156-gta-rust-epidemic-warning.html

Cheers,

Nigel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts