Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i get hate mail about this please read it all, the title was the best i could come up with and sort of explains the rant...

Out shopping today with Mrs W, in one of these fancy shopping malls, approaching me was a young woman who was pushing a pram with one hand, phone in the other, not taking a blind bit of notice what was going on around her, completely immerse in the phone call :tut:

we are on a narrow walkway, wide enough for a pram and a person to walk side by side so long as everyone moves over to the edge, but no, she is so immersed she just ploughs into me, cracking my nuts on the pram as she barges past :wow: suffice to say i went down faster than the Titanic accompanied by that deep growl that a crack in the nuts seems to generate. God knows how she did it, but i had almost forgotten how painful that was

My missus just lost the plot and went to 'have a chat' with her:rolleyes:, trouble was the shopping centre as a lot of echo, so most of them very quickly got to know how my nuts were a little battered and i was feeling :eek:

this woman had no idea what she was doing because she was on the phone, god knows what she would be like behind the wheel of a car and on the phone :rant:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hate that. There is a shopping centre near to where I live where absolutely everybody seems to have a pram or one of these huge buggy things.
They push through where they want taking your ankles off, don't seem to care.
Then, on the main roads, they push the buggy/pram right to the road, and only then look / press the traffic lights button.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I had to physically step off the pavement into a dual carriageway yesterday to avoid a woman doing just this, but with a three baby wide pushchair. Three wide. It shouldn't be allowed on public footpaths. My girlfriend couldn't help but mention that if we ever have need for a three baby pushchair, I will be getting the snip :lol:

·
Registered
864 Posts
I had to physically step off the pavement into a dual carriageway yesterday to avoid a woman doing just this, but with a three baby wide pushchair. Three wide. It shouldn't be allowed on public footpaths.
Three wide??! That's ridiculous.

I think it's time pushchair designers used tower blocks as inspiration and started stacking these things up. Pile the babies up on top of each other instead of side by side, a far better use of space.

It might even put off all these 14 year old slags from having loads of babies just so they can claim even more benefits and not have to bother to get their fat lazy backsides off the sofa and get a job. I reckon that a pushchair any more than five babies high wouldn't fit through the door of Greggs. Job done. :thumbs: Look out for me on the next series of Dragon's Den.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right. Lets get something straight

Before we had kids, I hated pushchairs/prams and their owners. For much the same reasons outlined already in this thread.

However, now having had the dubious pleasure of trying to navigate round shopping centres (and we only go midweek when it's quietest) I can say that so many people just don't look where they're walking. Wandering around aimlessly like shopping mall zombies, and move blindly across and cut you up.

Or they stop. For no reason, right in front of you.

And of course, when they trip over or kick the pushchair thanks to their sudden change in direction, they glare at you like it's your fault. So I tend to politely tell them that they should have looked where they were going.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Personally, I'd ban all prams from shops. They really get in the ****** way :mad:

+1

How on earth did people manage before? :rolleyes:

I don't seem to recall my parents needing anything like that when my brother was born, and I presume they hadn't had anything four years previously.

Oh, and they stick 'em out into the road to deliberately stop the traffic. :rant:

And also use 'em to open shop doors... :rant: :rant:

... and breathe... :D

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I feel the title would be better worded with Teenage Chav with Pram and Mobile as this seems to very much the case with most of the ones i see. Pram in one hand, baby of mixed origin under the arm, phone in the other hand and a feg in her mouth whilst shouting "CHARDONNAY" to grab the attention of her best mate who is secretly seeing her mothers boyfriend who is probably called "Wayne" or "Gaunty"

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right. Lets get something straight

Before we had kids, I hated pushchairs/prams and their owners. For much the same reasons outlined already in this thread.

However, now having had the dubious pleasure of trying to navigate round shopping centres (and we only go midweek when it's quietest) I can say that so many people just don't look where they're walking. Wandering around aimlessly like shopping mall zombies, and move blindly across and cut you up.

Or they stop. For no reason, right in front of you.

And of course, when they trip over or kick the pushchair thanks to their sudden change in direction, they glare at you like it's your fault. So I tend to politely tell them that they should have looked where they were going.
I was in a similar situation about 6 years ago.....and shared the same frustration, but the one thing i was consistent with was being able to avoid other people, unless they went kamakazi on me, then they got it full on.....

·
Registered
318 Posts
i have a small lad and hes often in his pram, ill be honest if someone is on the phone walking towards me and not looking i just carry on with my pram, they walk into you and its hurts them more than the pram.... they shud look where theyre going,

where as if people are actually making the effort and moving, i do the same and say thanks, etc.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Three wide??! That's ridiculous.
It might even put off all these 14 year old slags from having loads of babies just so they can claim even more benefits and not have to bother to get their fat lazy backsides off the sofa and get a job. I reckon that a pushchair any more than five babies high wouldn't fit through the door of Greggs. Job done. :thumbs: Look out for me on the next series of Dragon's Den.
:thumbs:
Don't start me off on this one again!:mad:
Can anyone tell me why the lovely young mothers have to walk side by side with their pushchairs?
I saw an awful sight a couple of weeks ago in "Chavham". Two gargantuan young mothers - imagine a 16/17 year old female version of Big Daddy (the wrestler), both with pushchairs, both containing larger than life babies. The mothers were both tucking into a huge bag of Dorritos or something, the ones meant for "sharing" (a big clue there to stop the gluttons from pigging out on them), and the babies (probably 2/3 years old, no good at baby ages, they all look the same apart from their size) were tucking into smaller bags. What is the World coming to?
They were of course side by side, oblivious to the people around them who were scattering from the oncoming chav siege machine.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Ooooooooo painfull!

Another thing I have noticed is that when they come to cross the road at a pelican crossing they push the pram right out to the edge of the road! I have had a couple of incidents with this with the worst being in Bedford city centre, I was driving my arctic and some silly woman pushes the pram to the edge of the road to press the button and actually pushed the front wheels into the road :swear: I had to propper anchor up with smoke coming off my tires, it was so close I didnt know if I had caught it until I stopped and exchanged a few strong words with her :bat: The thing is that if I had caught the pushchair and killed the kid it would have been my fault and I would get banged up for man slaughter :flame:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Ooooooooo painfull!

Another thing I have noticed is that when they come to cross the road at a pelican crossing they push the pram right out to the edge of the road! I have had a couple of incidents with this with the worst being in Bedford city centre, I was driving my arctic and some silly woman pushes the pram to the edge of the road to press the button and actually pushed the front wheels into the road :swear: I had to propper anchor up with smoke coming off my tires, it was so close I didnt know if I had caught it until I stopped and exchanged a few strong words with her :bat: The thing is that if I had caught the pushchair and killed the kid it would have been my fault and I would get banged up for man slaughter :flame:
No worries Jim, they will always be able to get another child, and they don't even have to tell the dad they have lost one, because they don't know who he is.;)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
No worries Jim, they will always be able to get another child, and they don't even have to tell the dad they have lost one, because they don't know who he is.;)
Like off Jeremy Kyle :lol:

·
Registered
864 Posts
This whole thread is a really good old fashioned un-PC rant on one of my favourite rant subjects.

Good work everyone! :thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Ooooooooo painfull!

The thing is that if I had caught the pushchair and killed the kid it would have been my fault and I would get banged up for man slaughter :flame:
Yeah but only if it were a lad, otherwise it would be woman slaughter. But she would have probably taken a civil case against your insurance company for loss of earnings from state benefits. :(:(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts