Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up your dog's crap in a plastic bag the hanging it from the nearest tree or chucking it in the bushes is not a responsible way to dispose of it. As do that you may as well just send the pooch into the bushes for a dump and leave it there for the rain to wash away. Of course the rain will wash the bag away in thousand years or so but it's quicker without.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
as a (responsible) dog owner i have to agree with you mate. it boils my blood when i see that. if you can be bothered to take the time to pick it up (good effort), at least have the common f**king decency to dispose of it in the correct manner. or else i have the tendency to follow them home and dump it on their doorstep - minus bag!! :evil:

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
Someone should follow the dog owner home then post the turd through their letterbox.

Near my house there is a kids play area, and despite there being a dog bin, there are dog eggs all over the grass.

Not very nice, especially where children are playing. :tut:

·
Registered
118 Posts
It would also be nice if early morning/evening dog walkers could put lights/reflectors on their dogs/themselves and just generally keep them under better control. Thats 4 times in the last 2 days I've had dogs run in front of me or suddenly appear out of nowhere whilst cycling to and from work.

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
I had a dog run in front of my bike a few years back and I hit it at quite a speed.

The dog sort of rolled underneath the front wheel, although I am sure it was fine.

Then the owner had a go at me for running into the dog. :lol:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Take a pic of the dirty beggers with your phone and call your local dog-warden (see council website) with evidence - they might be fined! (Result!)

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
It's bleedin' weird, isn't it? If you care enough to pick it up in the first place, why on earth would you then just dump the bag somewhere? :confused:
I reckon they only pick up when there's someone around, maybe? :confused:

As a dog owner myself, I think you notice it even more than non-dog owners. Or perhaps that's because I'm always looking down coz our two are so small. :lol:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, as a real responsible dog owner, that annoys me too. Why do they think that is in any way better??

People are weird :rolleyes:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, as a real responsible dog owner, that annoys me too. Why do they think that is in any way better??

People are weird :rolleyes:

im :confused: as to why you have highlighted the word 'real' in your post???

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im :confused: as to why you have highlighted the word 'real' in your post???
Have you never seen those pretend dog owners who wander round parks throwing sticks and shouting "Fetch fido" and "Here boy" even though they have turned up with nothing more lively than a twix and a flask of Bovril?

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
It's bleedin' weird, isn't it? If you care enough to pick it up in the first place, why on earth would you then just dump the bag somewhere? :confused:
I reckon they only pick up when there's someone around, maybe? :confused:

As a dog owner myself, I think you notice it even more than non-dog owners. Or perhaps that's because I'm always looking down coz our two are so small. :lol:
Twice I have seen a dog owner letting his pooch [email protected] down the street I live on. Embarrassing them into clearing it up works a treat :thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts