Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sign up to forums and then their first (and sometimes only...) post(s) are just trying to sell items (cars, wheels, performance, etc).

It does my f*ckin noodle! FFS it's an online community, and you've just joined. It's only common decency to introduce yourself first :rolleyes:

and it's not the buy&bloodysell either :mad:

/rant

which brings me to a question, is it ok to report a post of someone who has no prior posts and is then advertising items that they're selling in other people's threads? Or am i the only person who's bothered by this?

and just to clarify, it's not just here, all the car forums I'm on suffer from the same problem

D

·
0 Posts
Hmm, I'm on their side mate. If they are selling there car then they are going to advertise it as much as possible. On forums such as these.

Fair play to 'em I say, try and advertise your car as much as possible. No harming anyone I don't think? :confused:

D

·
0 Posts
:lol: Fair enough bud, I know where you are coming from entirely, but also see where they're coming from.

But then again, I'm starting to side with you.... I mean, if they knew the forum was there to put their car for sale on it, then why didn't they join before??? :confused:

Hmm, I'm on your side now, what a bunch of bastards!!! :mad:

:lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
:lol: Fair enough bud, I know where you are coming from entirely, but also see where they're coming from.

But then again, I'm starting to side with you.... I mean, if they knew the forum was there to put their car for sale on it, then why didn't they join before??? :confused:

Hmm, I'm on your side now, what a bunch of bastards!!! :mad:

When I first saw this I too thought fair enough if they are trying to sell something but like you two Darren & Phil I am on board too! Freeloaders!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah, what a right old bunch of Basties!!! :mad:

I've been here posting away for over a year racking up large quantities of crap and what do they do, roll off the street like vagabonds and spit out some crummy advert with no pictures demanding I buy their car! :mad:

And we all know I will, as I'm Darren156! So called because of the amount of car's I've owned in the space of a year!!! :cry:

It makes my blood boil!!! :mad:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Yeah, what a right old bunch of Basties!!! :mad:

I've been here posting away for over a year racking up large quantities of crap and what do they do, roll off the street like vagabonds and spit out some crummy advert with no pictures demanding I buy their car! :mad:

And we all know I will, as I'm Darren156! So called because of the amount of car's I've owned in the space of a year!!! :cry:

It makes my blood boil!!! :mad:

I AM DARREN HEAR ME ROAR AND FEAR MY RATH!!!:mad:

:D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I have read all about your cars Darren!:rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I think that I joined this forum to get advice about Alfas, sell the odd bit I didn't want, and to have stimulating conversation with other Worldly people.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
What p1sses me off with when people ask for technical help, a load of us spend OUR time explaining how things work and the process they should follow to find the faults ... and then ... nothing, not even a response to say "thanks for the help", or "yes that fixed it" ... just nothing :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I know what you mean Chris, but sometimes I can never fix the problem - my GTV has about half a dozen faults at the moment.
I always say thanks though!! :eek:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Manners cost nothing!

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,368 Posts
What p1sses me off with when people ask for technical help, a load of us spend OUR time explaining how things work and the process they should follow to find the faults ... and then ... nothing, not even a response to say "thanks for the help", or "yes that fixed it" ... just nothing :mad: :mad:
With Chris on this one. Even if the advice I OFFER is rubbish it would be nice to hear the results of the suggestion. It's not just new and starting members who do this, others with quite large post counts are not immune to this rudeness. :mad:

If I ask for for any help or advice I always post back even if the advice was silly, someone has tried to help and that's worth a lot, even if it's just " No idea/do a search and good luck, " it shows that someone has at least tried to be friendly and helpful.

Incredible as it may seem I sometimes spend hours thinking about some posts and how I can help, don't want a thank you, just something along the lines of " that was it, now works a treat " would be sufficient, gives you a sense of satisfaction and more importantly adds to the database of knowledge that we have on here.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I post alot of rubbish to but I have a laugh with it. I think that the least people should do is thank people even if they just give good wishes rather than advice.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts