Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... but aren't.

Either make up your mind or tell the waiter you're not ready.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
... but aren't.

I'm indecisive (or am I). It's usually the case where on a half decent menu there's maybe 2 or 3 different options, you think of 1 then just as the waiter asks your order, you briefly contemplate the other.

On the other side of the coin, I hate rude waiters.

Went to a chipshop cafe, ordered a Chicken Goujon meal. Asked what sauce I wanted, I replied curry. "YA CAN'T HAVE CURRY" was the shouted half hearted response. "Can I have even have curry sauce as a side?" I enquired, as it was on the menu, was being served, should be no issue, and would satisfy my curry cravings. "NO IT COMES WITH SWEET CHILI" she spat.
What was the point of even asking if there is no choice?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... but aren't.

I totally agree Nev, whenever I take a GF for dinner it's pain waiting for them to order, but worth it come to the desert ;):lol:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a mate who, whever you go out for a meal, has to interrogate the waiter about the contents of various dishes. It could be a curry house at midnight and he'll want to know exactly what is in a Chicken Shishlak and exactly how hot it is. It could be sunday lunch and he'll want details of what's in the sunday lunch. I feel like screaming "It's ******* sunday lunch. It's got oranges and deep fried crocodile in it you ***". But I don't, because I'm nice.

I also can't be doing with people who go into chinese takeaways, spend 15 minutes perusing the menu whilst everyone else waits, then ask for chips & gravy.

Drives me insane.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A totally irrational one I have is not liking to order the same as
others. (Yes, yes, I know. :eek:) So I'll wait till last, get the order in, and still you get
someone saying, "OoOooh, sounds nice, I'll change mine...."

Gaaaaahhhh!!!!! :rant: :mad:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm with you Nev, that's really annoying.

sirwiggum and keithyboy, I couldn't agree more.

But Nev, waiting until everyone else has ordered so you can be different, that's just downright pompous and elitist! :rolleyes::lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got to say......

I completely agree with everything Nev has said :thumbs:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nev, what is becoming apparent here, is that you have out-Frenched the French! :eek: :lol:

Good point about everyone having the same though, no chance to have a dabble in someone else's (especially if you happen to be sitting next to a young laydee...) ;)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wash my hands, I'll have you know!!! :rant:

:lol:
The French don't wash their hands? :vomit:

Totally off-topic, but have you been watching Cavendish and Wiggins doing the ride of their lives in the Tour Nev?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A totally irrational one I have is not liking to order the same as
others. (Yes, yes, I know. :eek:) So I'll wait till last, get the order in, and still you get
someone saying, "OoOooh, sounds nice, I'll change mine...."

Gaaaaahhhh!!!!! :rant: :mad:
i like to steer wife and kids towards stuff I like so that I can take up any slack when they get full. This may be why I'm a fat ****.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i like to steer wife and kids towards stuff I like so that I can take up any slack when they get full. This may be why I'm a fat ****.
Likewise, I'm often tempted by something I know the wife doesn't like.

"Can I try some of yours, love?"
"Yeah, sure"
"Want some of mine?"
"No, you know I don't like peppers"
"Oh yeah... I, er, forgot" :cheese::cheese::cheese:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts