Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel that if I see another car do something wrong that affects me while im driving, it is my duty to let them know. Flashing people to move over to the left if clear is one of them. What I seem to get is people saying that I shouldnt go this as im wrong, im not, im offering a public service by telling the other driver he/she is in the wrong and I get blamed!

A friend of a friend now and then mentions how I drive and ive become quite blunt with my answer about it, still asks me though!

Anyone else get this?

H

·
0 Posts
Feel free to flash your headlights at anyone you like. Just don't be offended if you get a finger in return, no matter who is right/wrong.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I got flashed once for being in the outside lane. I was passing slower traffic and guy behind came right up to my bumper and flashed and flashed and flashed.

Of course I decided to return to the legal limit and not move. Yes it was childish but I had already been doing considerably faster than I should of been and this moron tailgated me because I was passing slower traffic but not as fast as he would have liked.

I did also give him a nice finger sign before pulling over eventually.. Irony, I passed him pulled over for speeding about 10 miles up the motorway. :D

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feel free to flash your headlights at anyone you like. Just don't be offended if you get a finger in return, no matter who is right/wrong.
I dont care if I do get the finger, as long as they either get out of the way or speed up. (this is for the being in the wrong lane for their speed)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got flashed once for being in the outside lane. I was passing slower traffic and guy behind came right up to my bumper and flashed and flashed and flashed.
If the car is going faster than the other lanes then I dont have an issue with it.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Middle lane morons are a problem but flashing them really doesn't help, in most cases it causes them to act defensively and in extreme cases causes panic.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I'm with you on that one crazy chick. If your going to sit on my bumper when i'm passing traffic I will return to the legal limit and then be all that extra bit awkward to pass. I'm never in the outside lane if i'm not passing traffic so I doubt me and you will never have a problem jaydh as the problem won't arise! lol

E

·
0 Posts
No one is perfect, but general driving standards are appaling these days. I just saw a pick up truck use a junction onto oxford street that is taxis only, and left turn only... he turned right :rolleyes:

And then there was the astra van that nearly T-boned a land rover by not stopping at a give way onto old compton street, but that was fine as he gave the landy a blast of his horn :rolleyes:

That was in the space of a half hour lunch time walk!

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
I was tailgated for 4 miles on sunday, eventually when her bonnet was no longer visible I slammed on the brakes.

I get to my sisters house and her carer turns up.....

'Some fool has just slammed her brakes on in front me'

I gave her what for and told her to put her damn lights as it was a dark morning.

I hope she learned a lesson.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Driving standards are falling all the time I think. :( I don't confess to be the best driver in the world but I am quite considerate. I just dislike being bullied anywhere and that includes the road.

edit.. snow I have done that on many an occasion.

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Driving standards are falling all the time I think. :( I don't confess to be the best driver in the world but I am quite considerate. I just dislike being bullied anywhere and that includes the road.

edit.. snow I have done that on many an occasion.
It drives me up the wall.
Whats the point?
Wheres it going to get them?
Is it going to make me go faster? No
Will it be thier insurance? Yes :thumbs:

Trust it had to be my sisters carer.

She even made me a cup of tea after our 'conversation'

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
lol. My other pet hate is those that pull out of junctions when your almost at it.. then don't make any progress.. you end up having to overtake them.

Or those that do 40 in a 30, 50, 60 etc.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
It drives me up the wall.
Whats the point?
Wheres it going to get them?
Is it going to make me go faster? No
Will it be thier insurance? Yes :thumbs:

Trust it had to be my sisters carer.

She even made me a cup of tea after our 'conversation'
I dont know if I would of drank the tea lol

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
people can flash and tailgate all they like cos then i dig my heels in and wont budge, specially if its some idiot just wanting to overtake and im doin the speed limit or a little over it.....a few depressions of the brake usually makes thm back off a bit:cheese:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts