Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so moved this, wrong forum bit.

Parked my car at work today, in a safe spot, well lit, plenty of space between other cars... & somebody reversed into it! I found the culprit, a big Nissan Navara parked slightly down from me. Left a sizeable dent in the front passenger wing & taken plenty of paint off the bumper & the wing. How do I know it was the Navara? The height of the dent & the scratch, I went & checked its bumpers & what do I find? Rossos red paint.
The owner denies they did it saying they dont know where the paint is from & there is nothing I can do as it is a private car park If they had simply admitted to it I would accept it but in the face of the evidence & stoutly denying it when they damn well know I got the car 3 days ago & its my pride & joy depresses me. I cant afford the repair either.

That along with a number of faults the car developed today has taken the **** someting wicked.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I'm sure a dent just might appear on I his navara if you know what I mean :D

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Use a sharp automatic centre punch on his tyre sidewall's :D
Not that i would condone such actions. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Did you photograph the damage / paint on his car?
Call the police, or at least tell him you're calling the police.
Does the car park have any CCTV? Even if it may not have been pointing at the inciedent just highlighting the fact that the car park has CCTV could be enough to make him cave.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Did you photograph the damage / paint on his car?
Call the police, or at least tell him you're calling the police.
Does the car park have any CCTV? Even if it may not have been pointing at the inciedent just highlighting the fact that the car park has CCTV could be enough to make him cave.

Good luck
+1 :thumbs: That's exactly what I would do.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did the CCTV thing, they still deny it. Police say there is nothing they can do even though I photographed the evidence. The woman whose husband it was I work with & I get along well with her but the way she denied it despite the obvious of it was unreal.

Where it hit my car on the wing was above & in from where the bumper sticks out, what hit it is a bit metal bumper bit that stuck out from the Navara. It is impossible for it to be anything due to the placement of it but she says there is no way her husband would have done it & not said.

Probably think its an old scrapper of a 155 & not worth it :( Bodywork was mint condition until then aswell.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Kill them!

Or get a sample of (your) paint from their bumper and a sample of paint from your car.
Send them to a person who can analyse paint - they're in the phone book I would think - and Bob's your uncle.

Oh and get one of them to watch you do it, or do it in front of a witness.

Hell, I'll do it!

V

·
0 Posts
tbh it all seems a bit pointless getting evidence to prove it was him, you already know it was. if its a private car park then insurances wont pay out and the police have already said they'll do nothing.

bide your time and remember revenge is a dish best served cold,

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Yeah revenge is def the way forward just for being him being such an ars%. Go and park your car at the back of his and see if you can match the bump to the pain exactly. If you can and your absolutely sure 100% I would suggest returning the favour to one of his wingmirrors door panels. Remember if the police can't prove he done it they sure as hell can't prove that you did anything back can they!!!!! what a [email protected] the guy is. Eye for an eye and all that!

·
Registered
211 Posts
tbh it all seems a bit pointless getting evidence to prove it was him, you already know it was. if its a private car park then insurances wont pay out and the police have already said they'll do nothing.

bide your time and remember revenge is a dish best served cold,
I can understand his insurance co. not paying out without evidence or his admission but what has being in a private car park got to do with it?

All car parks are private property yet the rules of the road and law still apply.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Find out what the most expensive panel is on his car and accidently bump something up against it. :evil smiley inserted here:

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
A private road is classed as a public highway unless it has barriers preventing access.

The M6 toll road is technically a private road, does that mean your insurance is invalid if you drive on it?

I think you need to talk again with the insurance company. It is not unknown for them to try and wriggle out of claims. My insurance covers my car whilst it is in the work carpark even though it is not strictly a public highway.

R

·
0 Posts
Im sorry to hear this and am disgusted with some of the posts above telling you to seek revenge, shame on them :tut: ( :cheese: )

I would still go down the insurance route as the evidence suggests that it was the other vehicle that hit you.

If that fails, pour paint stripper over her vehicle and stand back and admire the metallic finish :lol:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
paint stripper mixed with french chalk. i still recon the oily rag pushed trough a broken window is the best way to sort these things out. the car only burns to the ground if the rag is alight....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts