Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it whenever I am out for a drive I always get people pulling out in front of me?
It happens on roundabouts mostly and also people pulling out of side turns causing me to slow down, and also whenever there are parked cars on one of those traffic calming chicanes on their side of the road people always seem to pull around the obstacle into my path even though I have the right of way.

Is my car invisible?, are all of these people making a genuine mistake? or is it that people really don't care that you have to slam the anchors on to avoid them. :confused:

I think it is the latter, people really seem to disregard the rules of the road these days, especially during the rush hour.
Plus when you are driving at the speed limit you end up with someone on your backside trying to push you along.

I am not saying my driving is perfect BTW, far from it, but I really do wonder about some other drivers. :rant:

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I was on the A1 the other day, approached a side road and saw a car hesitate, then pull out. Not too close but close enough for me to ease off. Right behind him/her, another car appeared, sat for a second then pulled out. This time I had to jump on the middle pedal or write me and the car off.

As if thats not annoying enough, they are in such a hurry that it takes them a mile to reach 50mph..... where they stay till I get a chance to blast past. I chuffin hate that.

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was on the A1 the other day, approached a side road and saw a car hesitate, then pull out. Not too close but close enough for me to ease off. Right behind him/her, another car appeared, sat for a second then pulled out. This time I had to jump on the middle pedal or write me and the car off.

As if thats not annoying enough, they are in such a hurry that it takes them a mile to reach 50mph..... where they stay till I get a chance to blast past. I chuffin hate that.
That is exactly the sort of thing I am on about.

I see your car is silver.. So is our Bravo. Maybe Silver is invisible? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
467 Posts
and why is it that when there is NOTHING behind you, people will always pull out right in front of you, fail to accelerate to a safe speed and then do everything to hold you up?

How difficult, or even considerate, would it be to wait just another few seconds until you have passed them and they then have a COMPLETELY clear path to join the main carriageway in? Hey????? Answer me THAT.

And chances are it'll be a Honda Jazz/Daewoo/Vauxhall Agilla or some other geriatric mobile.

They probably have a "BACK OFF. I STICK TO SPEED LIMITS" sticker in the rear screen too. Stick to them???? YOU BARELY ******* REACH THEM!!!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
and of course if you beep/flash or give any sign of complain they havent a clue what they have done!

I had someone who was comming from the left of me on a roundabout fail to stop when i clearly had the right of way. i had to slam on the anchors and gave a toot on the horn. i just got a confused look and he shook his head as if i had done wrong.

·
Banned
467 Posts
and of course if you beep/flash or give any sign of complain they havent a clue what they have done!

I had someone who was comming from the left of me on a roundabout fail to stop when i clearly had the right of way. i had to slam on the anchors and gave a toot on the horn. i just got a confused look and he shook his head as if i had done wrong.
let me guess, they were in a BM and were wondering why you had the sheer audacity to be on THEIR roundabout?

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
This has touched a nerve with me too, I hate it!

Along with people not indicating, for chuff's sake there's a reason why there's and indicator stalk! :mad:

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This has touched a nerve with me too, I hate it!

Along with people not indicating, for chuff's sake there's a reason why there's and indicator stalk! :mad:
That annoys me too.

You are coming up to a roundabout and there is a car aproaching on the road to your right. You wait because as they are not indicating, because you assume they will be going straight on past your turn. But no they turn into the road you are waiting in without indication so you have stopped for nothing.

They usually look at you as if to say what have you stopped for, or completely fail to notice you all together.

·
0 Posts
It happens a lot, but as has been said, if there a line of traffic behind me, I can understand in a way - I floopin hate it when there is nowt behind me & they reach a cruising speed sometime next week! :mad:

S

·
0 Posts
You are happily cruising at 60, they pull out right in front of you in their Hyundai Atoz, which seems to have an inbuilt cruise control of 40, despite the fact the road behind you is empty :mad: Can't overtake as the road is quite twisty and theres the odd car coming the other way.
Then when you reach a village, slow down for 30, they're still plowing through at 40. Speed up at the other end, NSL 60, only to meet them again in a couple of hundred yards still stuck at 40.

I once had a theory that maybe certain members of the motoring public still think that their car is a 4 speed like their Allegro was, so when its revving away at 40mph, they think it's the car's cruising speed.

The roundabout one is a pain too, happens all the time at the end of the M5 / Rushpark roundabout. They can either drive straight onto the motorway, or continue around onto the Shore Road. You are waiting at the end of the motorway, about to go onto the roundabout, car (usually German, an SUV or an MPV) no indicators decides to continue round the roundabout right in front of you :mad:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
This is one of my pet hates, there's a junction on my way to work where the cars turning right onto the main road haven't got a great view up the road, so you have to come over the hill expecting someone to be pulling out which is fair enough they couldn't see me and I don't mind slowing down a bit, but then the three :***:'s who pull out behind them, who can see me (which is worryingly common) and cause me to now have to stand on the brakes, they should be dragged from their cars and have it inserted somewhere. They just seem to think if I have to slow down for the car in front then I may as well slow down for them too. a few times I have had to pull into the oncoming lane, luckily with no traffic too near, in order to avoid hitting the stupid *beeps*,

Just this week, a Megane sport of some sort, pulled out right in front a lorry and was so close to getting wiped out because the car in front of him barely accelerated out of the junction

Newflash mate, 230 odd horses aren't going to help you in this situation when you're stuck behind a Granny with a Polo

K

·
0 Posts
let me guess, they were in a BM and were wondering why you had the sheer audacity to be on THEIR roundabout?
No, don't you know that roundabout and all other road belongs to gazza12345?? :lol::lol::lol:

(..just been reading the cyclists thread..)

M

·
0 Posts
No, don't you know that roundabout and all other road belongs to gazza12345?? :lol::lol::lol:

(..just been reading the cyclists thread..)
PMSL... half thought about this then decided not to. He seems to have calmed down a bit and got more reasonable :D

S

·
0 Posts
Had this all day when on the M25 and M4, its ****ing stupid that these people are allowed to drive :rant::rant:

The worst though today was when I was sitting in the infamous carpark that is the M25 I had someone trying to push infront, even though we wernt going nowhere fast :rant:

M

·
0 Posts
I hate this sort of thing....

Scariest and most dangerous one I ever had was when I owned a 200sx...

Big long straight and I caught up on someone doing 50ish. Half way along the road is a junction but you can see it from about 1 mile away. There was a van sitting back from junction parked with 2 wheels off the road sitting there not moving.

So imagine my surprise when I get part way past car moving faster then car... and the van hops off the verge and pulls up to junction. I see them look right, then left (they looked right at me) then pulled out turning towards me (it was a sunny day and I had a bright red car so no way they didn't see me)...

I had to slam on the anchors and only just got back in behind car I was overtaking. I let shock and anger get the better of me and gave them a 1 finger salute. What got me most was their expression of shock and disbelife that I was annoyed.

There was no way for me to predict this as van was parked up with two wheels up on kerb. The speed they shot forward off kerb looked at me and pulled out was rediculous and as the 200 accelerated quickly I was moving quite a bit faster than car I was overtaking so by the time I had reacted and slammed the anchors on slowed down and dropped back it was a close thing.

Bloomin shat myself. In this case though when they pulled out their mistake must have been so rediculously obvious I just can't belive they looked shocked at my reaction.

There are some really dangerous people on the roads. I just say a little thanks every day that I manage to avoid them and often seem to have a 6th sence that makes me just hover my foot over the brake pedal (which has saved the front end of my car so many times).

Take care everyone and best of luck avoiding the idiots out there.

John

Very close to killing me and/or them

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I hate all of the above, but was guilty of it myself tonight, pulled out at roundabout (not very good vision to my right), notice a car approaching from my right.
Did I panic ?, did I crawl along ? No I put my bloody foot down and caused them no interuption.
Why can't others learn to correct their mistakes :mad:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I get this ALL the time at roundabouts, people see me coming around, wait until im virtually passing them and then decide to pull out! Its not like my car is very hard to miss!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
i had this on a roundabout in trafford park this afternoon

waiting for a rover 75,not an old guy either, was inside of the roundabout.

its three lanes 2 for the next exit and one to go all the way round.

i pulled in the middle lane as i wanted to be in the outside lane on the next exit, rover decided he wanted to come aff there aswell, no indicators, straight across, about a inch from my front wing, i beeped, swore alot, all of which he failed to notice as he was on the phone, nob:rant::rant::rant::rant::mad::mad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts